ideas again.

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by annafl, May 6, 2013.

Banner funded expressly in recognition and support of Tropiscape.

1. annafl

annafl Esteemed Member

Simple but nice? I'd appreciate any ideas. Leaves about 9-10 inches long. Thank-you. Ana

Attached Files:

2. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Esteemed Member

Maybe a drab looking Petra in need of sunlight??

3. annafl

annafl Esteemed Member

Oh, I hope not Mike:(. I also got this at Palm Hammock and they usually have nice plants a bit on the unusual side I think. In person, this plant is not drab to me as if it did not have enough sun or too much. I did notice that the leaf shape is like my Petras, but the color is so uniformly gold with pink in some leaf veining. I was hoping for something like Joe Friday or Cornbread or something? Shucks.

4. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Looks a lot like Petra to me also. I ended up with another pot of them last week to get another Yellow Petra that was growing in the pot of three. Here are a few shots of some of my Petras.
    IMG_1434.jpg IMG_1435.jpg IMG_1437.jpg IMG_1438.jpg IMG_1439.jpg IMG_1442.jpg

5. annafl

annafl Esteemed Member

Wow, I paid a pretty penny for a very small Petra then. No other Petras around Palm Hammock Orchid Estates. I have quite a number of Petras Scott, this just seemed different, but none of their plants were labeled. Employees, who were pretty plant savvy did not know either. I know the leaf shape is the same as Petra, but are there no other crotons with the same leaf shape? I'm just hoping!