Idea on the Newport Beach coco.

Discussion in 'PALM TREES - WHERE TROPICAL STARTS' started by Stan, Apr 17, 2015.

1. LJG

LJG Active Member

Dean I made two trips to SE Asia. In both trips hotels I was staying at were chopping down coconuts. They are liabilities now days because lawyers are now no longer just in the first world. Most other resorts they climb up and cut flowers before fruit can develop.

Oh and don't get me wrong. I was happy as hell to see such really nice (for SoCal standards) coconuts growing here. It is an impressive sight and someday I will have to stop by and see in person. It's all the other stuff that comes with it I find annoying. Same reason I avoided the Newport coconut threads.

2. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Well,I have my Rosary Beads and right now I'm planning a trip to Palm Desert. Lets see if the Holy Coconut heals my never ending tropical plant habit.
    All hail the Holy Coconut..lol.

3. LJG

LJG Active Member

Why would you want to be healed from such a curse? :)

4. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

I ran out of room!
    That cure better happen soon,I feel a specialty nursery ($) visit building in me...

5. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Not much of a lawn here Len, but I have had to shag folks out of my mango tree.

A very valid point you make, Dypsis prestoniana vs. a shabby looking Coconut - I don't comprehend why one would waste space, fertilizer, water and time on a lackluster looking Coconut. :confused: