1. NEW BROMELIAD FORUM
    Guest - Don't miss our new forum. Perhaps you have something to add or share with us.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Check out, join, and contribute to our Facebook Page. Help get more people to the Forum. NEW TROPISCAPE FACEBOOK GROUP
    Dismiss Notice

ID please

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by irene_kingsley, Sep 13, 2010.

Please Help Support Our Generous Sponsors

1. irene_kingsley

irene_kingsley Active Member

I am quite sure that this is the Thai Crotons.. But not too sure wat hybrid. =)

Attached Files:

2. Phil Stager

Phil Stager Well-Known Member

Nice plant!!! I was told or read that most of the true Thai hybrids have names in an old obscure Thai dialect - which can give some rather long polysyllabic names which may or not be understood even in Thailand. you may be able to match it up with some of the pics posted on-line by the dealers in thai crotons in Thailand. Too bad the train does not run any more from Singapore to Bangkok.

3. Jeff Searle

Jeff Searle Well-Known Member

This looks eactly like what I have growing in my yard. It's certainly not a "looker",at least for me, but it is alive! Lol!

4. Crazy for Crotons

Crazy for Crotons Well-Known Member

Thai varieties have their place in the croton garden I suppose but have never really interested me much. Aside from Thai Rossio, which may not be a true Thai variety, I've stayed away from them.

5. Jeff Searle

Jeff Searle Well-Known Member

Ray,

I'm also now wondering if this is a true Thai variety. I just recieved some cuttings earlier this week and stuck them in the mist. I have one, almost 3' tall planted in the ground and it does very well for me. I also thought that there could be a chance that it is a sport of Mammy. The correct spelling is Rocio.

6. Central Floridave

Central Floridave Active Member

What do you fertilize that with? Blotter Acid? That plant is messed up!

7. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

:eek:

Attached Files: