1. NEW BROMELIAD FORUM
    Guest - Don't miss our new forum. Perhaps you have something to add or share with us.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Check out, join, and contribute to our Facebook Page. Help get more people to the Forum. NEW TROPISCAPE FACEBOOK GROUP
    Dismiss Notice

Icestorm ?

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by ScotTi, Dec 1, 2009.

Please Help Support Our Generous Sponsors

1. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

I saw a Croton in one of the big box stores last night labled Icestorm. I thought it looked alot like Mrs Iceton. After looking at my Mrs Iceton this morning I think it may be diffrent. I keep thinking the "Icestorm" had orange and pink leaves. Mrs Iceton has no orange in the leaves. I may stop by there today to check it out again.

2. Jeff Searle

Jeff Searle Well-Known Member

Scott,

With that name, it wouldn't surprise me if it turned out to be nothing more than a Mrs Iceton. But if it did have some orange in it, it sounds like it could be interesting. It had the same size and shape leaves? A picture would be great if it is different. Thanks.

Jeff

3. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Jeff, I made a stop by the store this afternoon and saw them in natural sunlight. I think they are nothing more than Mrs Iceton. Yes, they do have a salmon pink look on some of the leaves but it may have been the growing conditions at the nursery. If you have not heard of "Icestorm" I would say it does not exist.

4. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

I have also seen Mrs. Iceton called Icetone at some nurseries myself. :(

5. Jeff Searle

Jeff Searle Well-Known Member

Scott,

Sorry to hear this, but you just never know when you might stumble on something new. Hey, 2009 brought us all the great story of how Magnificent started showing at all the box stores for a couple of months. That in itself was pretty amazing.

Jeff

6. fawnridge

fawnridge Well-Known Member

Mrs. Iceton - Fall colors and new growth

Attached Files:

7. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

I purchased it ...

Attached Files:

8. Phil Stager

Phil Stager Well-Known Member

You got yourself a nice Mrs. Iceton.

9. Plant Nut

Plant Nut Active Member

I have Mrs. Iceton but it is not as beautiful as what you just bought. Thank-you very much for sharing your purchase information. I would have bought it too! Now try to keep it looking that great!

10. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

My Mrs Iceton that I have had for a few months (pictured here) is not as nice as the one I just purchased .

Attached Files: