Icestorm ?

ScotTi

Esteemed Member
16/04/08
I saw a Croton in one of the big box stores last night labled Icestorm. I thought it looked alot like Mrs Iceton. After looking at my Mrs Iceton this morning I think it may be diffrent. I keep thinking the "Icestorm" had orange and pink leaves. Mrs Iceton has no orange in the leaves. I may stop by there today to check it out again.

I saw a Croton in one of the big box stores last night labled Icestorm. I thought it looked alot like Mrs Iceton. After looking at my Mrs Iceton this morning I think it may be diffrent. I keep thinking the "Icestorm" had orange and pink leaves. Mrs Iceton has no orange in the leaves. I may stop by there today to check it out again.

Scott,

With that name, it wouldn't surprise me if it turned out to be nothing more than a Mrs Iceton. But if it did have some orange in it, it sounds like it could be interesting. It had the same size and shape leaves? A picture would be great if it is different. Thanks.

Jeff

Jeff, I made a stop by the store this afternoon and saw them in natural sunlight. I think they are nothing more than Mrs Iceton. Yes, they do have a salmon pink look on some of the leaves but it may have been the growing conditions at the nursery. If you have not heard of "Icestorm" I would say it does not exist.

Jeff, I made a stop by the store this afternoon and saw them in natural sunlight. I think they are nothing more than Mrs Iceton. Yes, they do have a salmon pink look on some of the leaves but it may have been the growing conditions at the nursery. If you have not heard of "Icestorm" I would say it does not exist.

Scott,

Sorry to hear this, but you just never know when you might stumble on something new. Hey, 2009 brought us all the great story of how Magnificent started showing at all the box stores for a couple of months. That in itself was pretty amazing.

Jeff

Mrs. Iceton - Fall colors and new growth

Attachments

• P1010001.jpg
    P1010001.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 142
  • P1010002.jpg
    P1010002.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 144
I purchased it ...

Attachments

• IMG_1146.jpg
    IMG_1146.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_1149.jpg
    IMG_1149.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_1150.jpg
    IMG_1150.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 162
I have Mrs. Iceton but it is not as beautiful as what you just bought. Thank-you very much for sharing your purchase information. I would have bought it too! Now try to keep it looking that great!

I have Mrs. Iceton but it is not as beautiful as what you just bought. Thank-you very much for sharing your purchase information. I would have bought it too! Now try to keep it looking that great!

My Mrs Iceton that I have had for a few months (pictured here) is not as nice as the one I just purchased .

Attachments

• IMG_1184.jpg
    IMG_1184.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 151