I need to apologize

Moose

Esteemed Member
10/09/09
At the croton garden tour auction a couple of weeks ago, I had some rooted cuttings (2) labeled as Majesticum. I returned to the host plant to get some pictures to share. My examination of the new heads show interrupted leaves. Therefore, the cuttings may actually be Interruptum.

When I took the cuttings, they are not from Moose land, there was no interrupted leaves on the plant. Many crotons with interrupted leaves surrender their leaf tips during cold spells and that is what I surmise had happened. Hence, it appears that my ID could be mistaken. I apologize to those who had won these plants at the auction. You may need to correct you label. :eek:

Does anyone agree that these pictures show Interruptum ? :confused:

Attachments

• Interruptum.jpg
    Interruptum.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 79
  • Interruptum2.jpg
    Interruptum2.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 96
Yes, those are Interruptum; nice plant but mine defoliate with great regularity at 34F. One will get a trip to the dump unless someone wants it.
Attached pics are of an un-named interupted variety - that did not defoliate this winter!

Attachments

• DSCN3172.jpg
    DSCN3172.jpg
    330 KB · Views: 100
  • DSCN3173.jpg
    DSCN3173.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 74
Phil, I do not have this one yet. I'd like to save it from the dump. Are you around on Monday? I could swing by. I have extra broms etc I could swap in exchange.