I need confirmation, please

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by annafl, Aug 19, 2014.

Banner funded expressly in recognition and support of Tropiscape.

1. annafl

annafl Esteemed Member

Both these were posted as Don Quixote. I'd like to enter them if they are truly agreed upon. Can someone confirm or deny this ID? Please, I need answers so weigh in if you have one!:)It would be a new entry to the wiki, so I want to make certain. Thanks!

Don Quixote-Lamar.jpg Don Quixote-Johnny Shelton- Submitted by Andy Finlayson.jpg

2. Native son

Native son Well-Known Member

Don Quixote is a very unstable example of a very unstable plant type. I don't doubt that both of the examples you posted are correct. My plant on the left is only three years old from a very small cutting. It has been in the slow to color and the leaves are stretching out as it matures. I have two will post both. image.jpg image.jpg

3. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

I'm unfamiliar with this cultivar. Lamar's 2nd photo in post #1 and the first in post #2 seems to have some affinities to Connie Cutler in my opinion ?

4. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Esteemed Member

The picture that Lamar posted looks like what I have as Don Quixote.It is very slow.

5. Native son

Connie Cutler #2 Don Q. #3 Madame Ferdinand Kole #4 Blotched W. Beauty View attachment 28192 View attachment 28191 View attachment 28189 View attachment 28190 . This just got crazy the pictures got loaded out of order. 28189 Connie leaf 3"X8", Don Q. Leaf5"X8"28190, Mad. F.K. Leaf 7.5X8.5 28191, Blotched W. Beauty 3.5X10.5 28192. If you can't follow this not a problem I can't either. Much love at least I posted something.

6. Native son

It appears I lost the pics. Don Quixote 5"X8" three years old image.jpg image.jpg

7. Marie Nock

Marie Nock Well-Known Member

Ana,
    The first two photos and the subsequent postings by Lamar look like Don Quixote to me.
    Marie

8. annafl

annafl Esteemed Member

Thanks, Mike and Marie! I will make an entry for it then.