I like the new forum look - thanks Dean!

Thanks guys,

I'm glad it's working. It wasn't as easy as it looks. We are on a new server as well.

There are many new features that I will be writing a "tip sheet" about as soon as I become familiar with them.

Something you can have fun with if you like, that's a little different, is I see that profiles can be customized. So in your spare time you can go to your Control Panel and "make it personal." And this wouldn't be a bad time to go there and check your settings and information as well. There are ways to make your experience here more convenient and useful, depending on your needs.

Dean,

How long till the wiki is back online? Everything looks great so far!:D Wait until Moose sees all the new emoticons! :p

Dean, The forum looks great! Thank you for all of your hard work in making Palmpedia my favorite site.

Dean,

How long till the wiki is back online? Everything looks great so far!:D Wait until Moose sees all the new emoticons! :p

Bren, The wiki is up, although with a different look - long story. It is not officially "connected" to the forum anymore - another long story. So logins are not integrated, and I am having a little trouble with them. It looks like anyone wanting to add to the wiki will need to register again. But it's too early to say more than that. I am trying to get a link (button) on the new forum, and one back from the wiki, but it may take a day or two.

http://www.palmpedia.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Dean, The forum looks great! Thank you for all of your hard work in making Palmpedia my favorite site.

Thanks Scott,

There are a lot of new features, but will take time to roll them out. One of them is the ability to "promote" a forum topic to an "article" on the front page if/when it becomes a special one. The first candidate will be your epic hybridizing thread. Expect to see it on the Front Page soon - along with many other new additions.

Not sure what you mean Bren. I have a "What's New" tab, but I don't have a "Messages" tab. In addition, they have a whole other platform for mobile devices. I haven't even tried yet to view this on my iPhone, but I'll check it out and see if I can recreate what you are taking about. Or it could be a bug with the plugin I loaded in order to add the Palm/Croton Encyclopedia and WIKI tabs.

This ole dog is slowly but surely picking up on the new and improved site here. It's really starting to grow on me. Nice work Dean, and thanks for all your help.
Jeff

Jeff,
It's funny - we are all the same way. When ever the software changes the first response is, "Damn, I can't find anything" and "Now I have to learn something new, what was wrong with the old way." I'm no different. But I have realized that after a brief time, the designers have usually changed things for good reason. And they are not always apparent from the users point of view. It has to do with how fast the site loads, or better ways to back up, or easier ways to keep hackers away, or now it's available on your cell phone, etc.

You would see that if I switched everything back to the way PalmTalk was 5 years ago, you would also complain. Not only because things would be laid out differently, but becuase how much better everything works now. But still, at every step along the way, people were complaining that they liked the old way better. Welcome to the human race. :)

I appreciate the kind words. And BTW we could use some more risque videos for the Front Page.

Dean,

Risque videos....hmm? Well, I'm waiting to hear from a "certain" police officer about going on my 4th Police-Ride-Along this saturday night. It could be pretty interesting with not knowing what's going to happen. I just might bring my new slimline video camera just in case. It's pretty neat, and it's not much bigger than a credit card. On a more serious note, I'm getting oh so closer to finding out where my good friend Dave Butler lives. Sooner or later, I'm bringing the picnic to him.

Jeff, I would like a video of the next time you two meet up. And since we don't censor too much here, we could probably keep the audio. i imagine I would learn a few choice Florida colloquialisms - like "picnic."

And I have always wanted to go on a Police-Ride-Along. But watching "Cops" has to be the next best thing.