I know its just a green and yellow but!!

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by Bullwinkle, Apr 10, 2014.

Banner funded expressly in recognition and support of Tropiscape.

1. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Esteemed Member

Yellow Nestor looking great

Attached Files:

Moose likes this.
  2. annafl

annafl Esteemed Member

Wow, Mike, he's one handsome dude! A real stud.:eek:

3. Jeff Searle

Jeff Searle Well-Known Member

That is a nice plant, Mike. Was it a sport you removed off of a Nestor growing?

4. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Esteemed Member

No Jeff,I cannot remember exactly where I got this one but I would have remembered if I had removed it myself.It was a rather ordinary plant for the past two years or so and now that I have planted it, it has started to look really good.When we have the tour later this year I will be curious if more seasoned eyes differ on the name of this one.When I picked it up it was given to me as Yellow Nestor

5. kurt decker

kurt decker Well-Known Member

Our lurking member george zammas may have solved one of the longtime mysteries the other day. He was cutting some yellow nestor sporting off of a big nestor, and he found another sport on the yellow nestor; FISHBONE. noone has ever had a clue where that one came from, mine came from bender, and I never found one growing 'wild'. He sent me a great picture, I can't get it to load. Nice work, george.

6. Jeff Searle

Jeff Searle Well-Known Member

Sounds great! Which leaves me to share some equally interesting information myself. In the yard, I have a green and yellow croton from B. Frank. It's more of a mustard yellow with green. Bob saw it awhile back and said it was Davis #10. Well, last year it sported a branch on the plant with a dull red pattern. And to me, it's a dead ringer to Columbia. So, my question to all of you, does anyone have the history behind Columbia? Could maybe Columbia originated from Davis #10? I certainly don't know. The sport is still growing on the plant because over time, I would like to show as many people as possible that come through the yard.

7. Phil Stager

Phil Stager Well-Known Member

how about some pics??

8. kurt decker

kurt decker Well-Known Member

here is the sport george found on yellow nestor, which was sporting off nestor. nice work, that one had always been a mystery.

Attached Files:

9. donroberth

donroberth Well-Known Member

Bullwinkle...what a knock out cultivar. Nice photography also :) !