I.D. ME…PLEASE ?

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by donroberth, Aug 17, 2012.

Banner funded expressly in recognition and support of Tropiscape.

1. donroberth

donroberth Well-Known Member

I have followed the REMBRANDT vs NORMAN ROCKWELL discussion on the CROTON SOCIETY FORUM with great interest. I’m submitting 4 pix of what I thought was REMBRANDT, now I just don’t know what cultivar I’ve got in my garden…request a confirmation or are they other?

Fotos 1 & 2: Displayed are two of the cultivars planted together immediately after bringing them home from the nursery…

Attached Files:

2. donroberth

Fotos 3 & 4: Today they look like this after about 8 months in the ground…

Attached Files:

3. donroberth

Fotos 5 & 6: The dialog pertaining to NERVIA, ELAINE & AFD #7 has also caused me to doubt if what I have in my garden is a NERVIA. I found this cultivar buried under some old trees and brush in a Costa Rican nursery and I could not tell how old it was when I found it…neither/or the employee or owner had the foggiest idea what its name was…

Attached Files:

4. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Bob - before reading your text, my first gut reaction was that this was an Excellent. :confused: Very nicely grown by the way! :cool:

5. donroberth

MOOSE…thx for your reply. I’m attaching a couple of pix of what I have as EXCELLENT, your first gut reaction re: REMBRANDT croton. I would have liked that more members with I.D. skills chime-in and take an educated guess but “c’est la vie” !!!

Attached Files: