How Low Can it Go?

Moose

Esteemed Member
10/09/09
I admit I remained skeptical about the severity of the approaching cold front. Now my area is being forecast for lows of 47F Tuesday and 42F Wednesday. This would be acceptable however, I am concerned that prior experiences have seen low temperatures dip as much as 5 degrees below forecasts. 5 degrees colder is really huge when inching towards the 30's.

Nothing has been fertilized since early Oct. But much new tender growth occurred because of the warm weather. Seeing lows in the mid to high 50's a few times for a few hours may not have hardened off my plants enough. :(

46 Degrees forecast up by me.But I have seen some estimates of 42 to as high as 50.Let us see what happens.I think tonight will be fine tomorrow might be a bit colder.I have some newish cuttings that I will have to keep warm.

Now they are talking about a wind chill factor. If you are expecting frost, wind is good. If no frost is anticipated, wind chill does not change the temperatures, just negates any microclime areas that could hold warmth and moisture levels. :(

Anyone know what the expected winds are? :confused:

How low can it go?
I've been told repeatedly that I am the lowest I can get! :p

The absolute coldest ever to date in my garden has been 38F. My only concern is that it has been so warm (81F) on Sunday, and within some 48 hours, drop to 40F?

Major leaf drop? Death, certainly not. But new growth is certain to drop.

52F here this am.Wind starting to die down.Some pretty good winds came thru last night but overall not as bad as predicted so far.