Hey Bahadawn !

Moose

Esteemed Member
10/09/09
When me met at the Searle Brothers Sale, I recall you saying you loved the interrupted leaf characteristic that some crotons have. Then we checked out the Victoria's Gold Bell Jeff has in the ground at the rear of the shadehouse. You ended up selecting one. I too am a sucker for the interrupted leaf type crotons!

My experience is that this croton is not particularly fast. It does seem to be a dense and lush croton that could be used as a large "ground cover" in an area you need to fill in but not wanting something with height.

Well, I'll show you mine if you show me yours. Me first, in the ground about a year now. :)

Attachments

• Victoria's Gold Bell.JPG
    Victoria's Gold Bell.JPG
    346.9 KB · Views: 97
Hey there yourself! Here are my two interrupted leaf varieties... the Victoria Gold Bells you helped me select at Searles and the Mother and Daughter (which I originally thought was Green Bells, and then Appendiculatum, but learned on here that since the leaves are purple/green, it is Mother and Daughter - I like that name better!). I planted the Victoria Gold Bells underneath a rubber tree with the others that I purchased that day. Funny you should mention this, because I was thinking that due to it's delicate nature, I probably should have planted this mixed in with other plants. But, then I remembered how large the plant at Searles was, and I thought it needed room to grow. Maybe in a few years, it will be just as large/lush. The Mother and Daughter was just recently planted in a container garden with other dark purple and green plants - alocasia, petunia, coleus, and some sort of blackish mondo grass.

Attachments

• victoria gold bells.JPG
    victoria gold bells.JPG
    305.6 KB · Views: 100
  • appendiculatum.JPG
    appendiculatum.JPG
    242.3 KB · Views: 67