Gonzales/Roseo Pictus/Dolores

annafl

Esteemed Member
I feel uncertain what to do with the wiki regarding these cultivars. I know everyone seems to be in a state of confusion, but I think I'm perhaps a little more confused than some. Please feel free to correct me and enlighten me so I can fix any portion of the wiki that's wrong. My understanding is, that now, Gonzales and Roseo Pictus are not considered synonyms as the wiki presently states (previously it was thought Bob Alonzo was certain of their synonymity- is that a word?:eek:). Is this Bob Alonzo's newly stated opinion- that they're not synonymous? Now, Marie thought they were different all along, but now I hear that Marie's plants are also not thought to be Roseo Pictus? That Dolores, whose identity we actually all agreed upon in the past, is now the new Roseo Pictus? How am I doing so far? Lastly, I saw two plants at the Glock auction that were auctioned as Roseo Pictus, but I don't think they were any of the above- is that true? If it is, what were they? They were really beautiful.

Please let me know what the new thinking is and if there is anything in the wiki that should be corrected, or if what we're in is a major blinding blizzard this time, not just fog:rolleyes:.

Here is my recollection of the conversation. I had brought what I thought was Roseo Pictus for identification and as an auction plant. When Bob and Mark saw it, they said it was not Roseo Pictus but did not know what it was. Later on when Bob, Mark, Phil, Jeff and I were looking at the auction plants, Mark saw Dolores and said "Now this is Roseo Pictus." He and Bob looked it over remarking how they hadn't seen one in years. We were telling them that Richard Button had brought it in from Asia and named it Dolores after his wife. And they said no, this is Roseo Pictus. No mention was made of Gonzales or that Roseo Pictus and Gonzales were synonyms. That that is being said in these threads is from old conversations, not from conversations at the Glocks.

Jeff or Phil, do you recall anything else?

Thanks for your thoughts, Marie. I hope Jeff and Phil and any others that were listening will weigh in too. In your estimation, should Dolores be changed to Roseo Pictus, and the synonym comment be deleted from Gonzales since Dolores and Gonzales are so different?:confused:

I was there in the group like Marie stated, and yes Bob and Mark thought that the Delores plant was none other than RP, and that they were delighted in seeing this and was pretty adamant about it.

Is it possible that the Dolores plants at the auction were actually something slightly different than the Dolores we know and could be a similar but slightly different cultivar making Dolores and Roseo Pictus different? Who brought these plants? Do we know? Are things best left alone for now until further evaluation is possible?:confused:

Does anyone have pictures of the Delores Button to compare ??? leaves are small on the Dolores Button 2 to 3 inches , nice pinks and pastels !!Slow grower

Attachments

• 043.jpg
    043.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 62
  • 042.jpg
    042.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 67
  • 101.PNG
    101.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 71
  • 068.jpg
    068.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 56
  • 100.PNG
    100.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 83
:confused:All very similar, take your pick. 1)Delores 3.5 X 5. 2)Fire Cracker 3 X6. 3)Roseo Pictus 3.5 X 6. 4)Gonzales 2.75 X 6.5 all in inches. Not sure if fire cracker is the proper name, I have had this plant forever. I am sure this does not clear any fog but it could be we have several plants that look the same but are different.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 76
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 63
:confused:All very similar, take your pick. 1)Delores 3.5 X 5. 2)Fire Cracker 3 X6. 3)Roseo Pictus 3.5 X 6. 4)Gonzales 2.75 X 6.5 all in inches. Not sure if fire cracker is the proper name, I have had this plant forever. I am sure this does not clear any fog but it could be we have several plants that look the same but are different.

I'm rather confused with the "recent" ID about Roseo Pictus. What Lamar has as Delores and Gonzales looks like my cultivars with the same name. His Roseo Pictus looks distinct IMO. He may very well have the "real deal". From his pics, we can see how they could be confused. :)

Lamar, do you remember the source of your Roseo Pictus? Did it come with that name?

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
. Sorry Marie a tag with no grower info. #1compt de Germiny. #2rosie pictus. #3gonzales. #4delores. #5firecracker/Pinocchio. I added Compte, to this discussion it just looks like another similar one.

View attachment 29894 View attachment 29895 View attachment 29896 View attachment 29897 View attachment 29898. Sorry Marie a tag with no grower info. #1compt de Germiny. #2rosie pictus. #3gonzales. #4delores. #5firecracker/Pinocchio. I added Compte, to this discussion it just looks like another similar one.

Do you remember if you acquired it after the tour at the Glocks when someone may have known to rename a Dolores or was it before when we still had the debate going on Roseo Pictus?

It is on the west prop/line part of an older group about 4years old. The reason I posted C d Ger. I think it is more than likely that not R Pic.