George Zammas Introductions

George sent me a mass of pictures recently of more of his hybrids for everyone to enjoy.
20161215_074437.jpg
20161215_074409.jpg
20161215_074345.jpg
20161215_074315.jpg

WOW… I’m completely overwhelmed by these new introductions. I thoroughly enjoyed all of these photos and can only imagine Mr. Zammas’ mixed feelings and joy in finally getting these out so that the membership could also appreciate them. Likewise, credit to Tim (KWTIMO) for his photographic support, he must have felt honored.

Although they are all just beautiful I was especially impressed by “Fantasy” and “Medusa”… applause, applause, applause! :)

Last edited:
When it comes to hybridizing, you certainly have the touch George. Thanks Tim for posting these beauties!

Tim, you've been wise to share just a few of George's hybrids with us at a time. It would be overwhelming if we saw them all at once!

They're sooo beautiful. George really has the touch in making good hybrids and with you growing them, they'll soon be spectacular!

They're sooo beautiful. George really has the touch in making good hybrids and with you growing them, they'll soon be spectacular!

Marie, I only have the Fantasy Fest and a couple of others obtained at auction. They are just getting established and winter is not the best time for them here. I hope they grow like his. I only wish I had the other ones! He really does make amazing hybrids. I try, but somehow they end up eventually dying, except a very few. I keep on trying though.

A few more amazing George Zammas hybrids to show! The first is Fantasy Fest- a hybrid that everyone was oohing and aaahing over in his garden last spring. I feel fortunate to have a small one getting established in my garden. The others are new and I don't know if they have names. Take a look.

View attachment 35728 View attachment 35729 View attachment 35730 View attachment 35731
Wow. I don't think I have seen a single George Zammas hybrid/seedling that I would not jump at to add to my garden.