Exotic Croton Pictures

Post #18

Croton #1 Ana ID'd as Dr. Alix - correct. Source: Dr. Frank Brown

Croton #2 Ana ID'd as Thomas Edison - correct. Source: Mr. Searle

Croton #3 Ana ID'd as Jungle Queen - correct. I don't know what is wrong with this Jungle Queen. I often misidentify Jungle Queen in other gardens based on my experience with this one. Its leaves are just so much larger than a typical Jungle Queen. A few years back, Mike Woolery was amazed about the leaf size. An air layer was made and given to Mike. He had it planted at his old place and the air layered plant just kept on producing big leaves. I recall when we did a garden tour at his old homestead, that I heard several comments about the size of the leaves. Different growing conditions - same results. Mike and I were talking the other day about how some plants are so much more superior than others of the same cultivar. As a matter of fact with his opportunity to start anew with the new garden, he told me he will attempt to focus on obtaining exceptional looking cultivars in the future. Source: Jeff Searle, thanks Jeff! :)

Attachments

• CP 37.JPG
    CP 37.JPG
    235.5 KB · Views: 99
  • CP 38.JPG
    CP 38.JPG
    231.7 KB · Views: 112
  • CP 39.JPG
    CP 39.JPG
    232.1 KB · Views: 111
Time to finish up the ID's for this thread. Ana did not attempt any ID's from this post

Post # 19

Croton #1 is an Unknown obtained at the last garden tour hosted by Mike Harris. Source: Phil Stager

Croton #2 is Red Quill. Source: Jeff Searle via Judy Glock

Croton #3 is an Unknown obtained at the last Mike Harris garden tour. In fact it is a sport of Croton #1. Source: Phil Stager

Croton #4 is Sunny Star. Source: Mike Woolery

As Porky Pig would say ... "that's all Folks" :D

Attachments

• CP 40.JPG
    CP 40.JPG
    243.1 KB · Views: 120
  • CP 41.JPG
    CP 41.JPG
    224 KB · Views: 114
  • CP 42.JPG
    CP 42.JPG
    218.4 KB · Views: 99
  • CP 43.JPG
    CP 43.JPG
    231.3 KB · Views: 107
I'll second that. Brenda and I had the opportunity to tour Mooseland. When we arrived, Kip was there and it ended up being a really good time. Needless to say, Ron is pretty passionate about his plants and it shows. We saw some cool stuff.

But what I really want to say is...thanks for the time & energy you expend keeping the forum going when things get slow. We are a really small group and that makes it all the more special.

Hey, I totally agree, Jerry. Ron so frequently keeps the forum interest going. We are so lucky to have him as part of this group. Thanks, Ron.

Now, Ron, on my sheet here at home I actually answered post #19 and had Red Quill and Sunny Star correct. Didn't attempt answers for the other 2. I guess it's too late, huh? :rolleyes:

Hey, I totally agree, Jerry. Ron so frequently keeps the forum interest going. We are so lucky to have him as part of this group. Thanks, Ron.

Now, Ron, on my sheet here at home I actually answered post #19 and had Red Quill and Sunny Star correct. Didn't attempt answers for the other 2. I guess it's too late, huh? :rolleyes:

OK Ana! I've adjusted your score. 33 ID attempts, 26 correct. Adjusted Score: 78.78%