Fall Foliage Tour

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by Phil Stager, Oct 17, 2013.

Banner funded expressly in recognition and support of Tropiscape.

1. Phil Stager

Phil Stager Well-Known Member

Some assorted pics taken today until the batteries died in the camera.
    Bravo
    Applause
    Mixed bag with a Kentucky, Monarch, and some other stuff in there
    Rose Charmer
    Lucille Alonzo
    Faye Miller
    Sweet Marie

Attached Files:

2. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Esteemed Member

Looking great Phil.Especially the Lucille Alonso.I hope one of those can make it to our next auction

3. annafl

annafl Esteemed Member

Phil, so glad you started this thread! That Rose Charmer and Lucille Alonzo are sooo beautiful!!! I am partial to pinks, so that is definitely candy for my eyes. Thanks for posting them.

I hope others will follow suit, and for goodness sakes, charge that battery pronto. We want to see more.

4. annafl

annafl Esteemed Member

Phil, the photography on that Bravo is stunning. Look at it in the wiki. Great color. I didn't put the Lucille Alonzo in because the last photo was equally beautiful. Now, what is the green and white? Faye Miller is the next one and Sweet Marie the last, right? I'd love to have a name for the green and white. Thanks.

5. Phil Stager

Whoooops, forgot to mention Lillian Stoffringen, the compact green and white one.

Will try for a few more tomorrow now that batteries have been replaced in camera.

6. Phil Stager

..and a few more with fresh batteries in the camera; if the preview holds they are:
    Polychrome
    Coral Shower
    Spiralis
    Krakatoa
    Applause
    Glen Roof
    Caribbean Star
    Colin Kelly
    Polychrome
    Dr. Lin Yu Tang

Attached Files:

7. Phil Stager

..and a few more, mainly mysteries or I forgots...

Attached Files:

8. annafl

annafl Esteemed Member

Take this with a grain of salt, Phil, but you know I like to take a stab at it:

Are the first two the same? I vote for Comte de Germiny
    Cornelius for the third
    ? for the nice big leaf red
    Ernestine de la Rue for the last:eek:

I hope we get some help

9. palmisland

palmisland Well-Known Member

Nice plants Phil:p Charge up the camera & keep them coming.

10. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Great looking plants as always Phil. I agree keep the photos coming.

11. annafl

annafl Esteemed Member

Phil, somehow I had missed your post #6- it was like a gift this morning! Such gorgeous plants. I recently got a small Applause from Marie:D and I hope it grows up to be like the beautiful specimen yours is. Also, your Glen Roof has the best colored markings I've ever seen. Ron has a beautiful one with similar beautiful markings. Both yours are better than the few others I've seen for some reason. That's why I love seeing everyone's plants. It seems some are better clones than others.

You seem to have a tendency toward pink in your garden? Do you think that's true? If so, what do you attribute it to? I know you use a lot of recycled mulch, right? And Kmag? What brand of the 0-0-0-20 do you use?

Your Polychrome is gorgeous. So much pink color. I believe yours gets a decent amount of sun? How much does it get throughout the day?

So many questions. Sorry. I am really trying hard to get cultural tips from all of you.:)