Fall croton tour??

I spoke with Mike the other day and we thought there was so little interest in having a fall event, that maybe it wasn't worth it. However, if there is enough interest, and the South Florida crew will travel, I would be happy with having it here. Don't know how you guys feel about that. It may not be worth it if there's only a handful, but if there's interest, let's do it! Let's see how many would be willing to come.

I spoke with Mike the other day and we thought there was so little interest in having a fall event, that maybe it wasn't worth it. However, if there is enough interest, and the South Florida crew will travel, I would be happy with having it here. Don't know how you guys feel about that. It may not be worth it if there's only a handful, but if there's interest, let's do it! Let's see how many would be willing to come.

When was you thinkin ??

Depending on the date, I would be in too. - Melanie

When was you thinkin ??

Depending on the date, I would be in too. - Melanie

We are flexible. I think we were thinking November 10th or 17th because of the other plant sales/events. Mike and Mike, I hope I didn't misunderstand. I think you had a preference for this coming spring, or did you prefer this fall? Spring is too early for me because my garden will still be recovering if there is a cold winter. I don't care where we have it, I was just missing having a get together and seeing friends. Please say what you'd prefer to do. I will come down to your place/places if you decide to do it this fall and maybe we'll do it the following fall. So far there are only three interested, and two maybes. Let's just see what happens.

:Weeding1.gif Have not visited Anna's garden yet. I heard it is laid out with meticulous detail. :FastGrow

Ron, I've been out of commission since February, and in the last couple of weeks, I've just been starting to get back in the garden slowly. There is a lot to do, but if we have it, this would give me a little incentive. Fortunately, Bert has stepped up and picked up a lot of the slack. I'm happy to have the CRA here, or at either or both Mikes. Are you saying you'd come?!!

Ron, I've been out of commission since February, and in the last couple of weeks, I've just been starting to get back in the garden slowly. There is a lot to do, but if we have it, this would give me a little incentive. Fortunately, Bert has stepped up and picked up a lot of the slack. I'm happy to have the CRA here, or at either or both Mikes. Are you saying you'd come?!!

There is a distinct possibility :p Especially if I could piggyback a ride. I got no plants, just me ... ;)

We are flexible. I think we were thinking November 10th or 17th because of the other plant sales/events. Mike and Mike, I hope I didn't misunderstand. I think you had a preference for this coming spring, or did you prefer this fall? Spring is too early for me because my garden will still be recovering if there is a cold winter. I don't care where we have it, I was just missing having a get together and seeing friends. Please say what you'd prefer to do. I will come down to your place/places if you decide to do it this fall and maybe we'll do it the following fall. So far there are only three interested, and two maybes. Let's just see what happens.
I am available on November 17th

A couple more. Let's keep waiting to see if more can come. Hey, I don't want you to have high expectations about my garden. It has been neglected for almost ten months and I can't do what I used to do out there. Many of my crotons don't look great either. It's been a long time since I saw you guys and I just thought it would be fun.

Yay! Melanie, Randy, Jim and Judy Glock, Randy and Perry can come too! Stan Wood, Johnny Shelton, Bob Alonzo, Enid Offolter and Larry Dietrich are coming too! Stan Wood says he has some "really good stuff." :) . If any of you know how to get a hold of others who might be interested in coming, please invite them.

I am having trouble getting on the forum, and especially posting. I imagine others are having the same trouble. Dean says the forum is not being maintained anymore. He doesn't have the time or money to keep doing it based on how much interest (posts) it generates. Therefore, I don't know how much we'll be able to communicate through here, which is important now as the auction news needs to be posted. I don't know how we'll be able to communicate about the wiki either and if it won't be possible to post croton photos here, the wiki won't get any new entries either. We'll see what happens and if others can get through. In the meantime, if you need information, and can't post or get through, I will put my email and phone here for your convenience: jajobean1@gmail.com, 941-350-0360. I usually don't have my phone with me, so please leave a message and I'll call you back. Feel free to contact me for any reason. Thanks. Here's hoping our forum can be restored.

Last edited:
I am having trouble getting on the forum, and especially posting. I imagine others are having the same trouble. Dean says the forum is not being maintained anymore. He doesn't have the time or money to keep doing it based on how much interest (posts) it generates. Therefore, I don't know how much we'll be able to communicate through here, which is important now as the auction news needs to be posted. I don't know how we'll be able to communicate about the wiki either and if it won't be possible to post croton photos here, the wiki won't get any new entries either. We'll see what happens and if others can get through. In the meantime, if you need information, and can't post or get through, I will put my email and phone here for your convenience: jajobean1@gmail.com, 941-350-0360. I usually don't have my phone with me, so please leave a message and I'll call you back. Feel free to contact me for any reason. Thanks. Here's hoping our forum can be restored.
Hope so too, Anna! I do so enjoy reading the thread discussions and looking at everyone's photos. And the Wiki is just fabulous.

Yay! Melanie, Randy, Jim and Judy Glock, Randy and Perry can come too! Stan Wood, Johnny Shelton, Bob Alonzo, Enid Offolter and Larry Dietrich are coming too! Stan Wood says he has some "really good stuff." :) . If any of you know how to get a hold of others who might be interested in coming, please invite them.

Hi Ana,
Is November 17th the official date? I had been planning to come to Sarasota to visit Rob Branch to see his collection and do some trading over my Thanksgiving break, but now I am thinking it would make more sense to try to do it all the weekend of the croton auction. Maybe Rob would be interested in the auction, don't know how much he does with crotons but I assume he would know many of the people there. Since I don't have any crotons propagated to bring, maybe I can bring some more freebies like last time to share. Can easily cut a bunch of cordylines.
Thanks,
Karl

Hi Ana,
Is November 17th the official date? I had been planning to come to Sarasota to visit Rob Branch to see his collection and do some trading over my Thanksgiving break, but now I am thinking it would make more sense to try to do it all the weekend of the croton auction. Maybe Rob would be interested in the auction, don't know how much he does with crotons but I assume he would know many of the people there. Since I don't have any crotons propagated to bring, maybe I can bring some more freebies like last time to share. Can easily cut a bunch of cordylines.
Thanks,
Karl

Oops! Did I forget to say the date? I couldn't post a few times I tried, so when I could, I think I didn't say everything I wanted to say. Yes, it seems the 17th is the best date for some, so let's go with it. I still haven't heard back from Jeff. Anyone that wants to come is welcome. I don't have many plants myself. Bringing freebies is great! Mainly, just bring yourself. So glad you can come!

Oops! Did I forget to say the date? I couldn't post a few times I tried, so when I could, I think I didn't say everything I wanted to say. Yes, it seems the 17th is the best date for some, so let's go with it. I still haven't heard back from Jeff. Anyone that wants to come is welcome. I don't have many plants myself. Bringing freebies is great! Mainly, just bring yourself. So glad you can come!
Great, looking forward to it and I will find some things to give out. They can be the door prizes for everyone who attends. Thanks, Karl

Please let me know if anyone would like me to bring some freebies like at the last auction. I can take some more cordyline cuttings, get some aroid cuttings, and bring other assorted plants so everyone knows they will at least go home with something. Like my students say sharing is caring. :)

Please let me know if anyone would like me to bring some freebies like at the last auction. I can take some more cordyline cuttings, get some aroid cuttings, and bring other assorted plants so everyone knows they will at least go home with something. Like my students say sharing is caring. :)
YES please, everything you gave me is doing wonderfully! Thanks