Drive By Shooting

palmisland

28/03/08
I saw this group about 50 yards onto a Boca golf course.:D There seemed to be 3 different cultivars. I'm not sure about the ID's of two of these. Anyone know what these are?

Attachments

• DSC_0021.jpg
    DSC_0021.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC_0012.jpg
    DSC_0012.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC_0005.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 93
Need an ID on this one of the group also. :)

I'll be back in the spring!

Attachments

• DSC_0018.jpg
    DSC_0018.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC_0017.jpg
    DSC_0017.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC_0016.jpg
    DSC_0016.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 92
Remember Guys there are 1000's of UnNamed Hybrids out there, Dont be discouraged if a name cant be placed. I am very happy myself if there named or not, Beauty is in the plant itself. Sad part about names is there always Disputed. To be honest I have maybe 10 CD's full of UnNamed Crotons, Wish I could post them all lol.

Dave, I don't want to pass up on a rarer cultivar some landscaper planted & then ignored years ago. My hope with the drive by photos is a member saying "hey thats a _____" , I thought they were gone forever, where did you find that.

Randy

Most of the golf courses in Boca, west of the turnpike, were landscaped by the same company. I don't remember the name, but the owner was big on Norma, Petra, and Bravo. Jeff will know who I'm talking about. He had a huge nursery along Flamingo Road across the street from a golf course. I was there on a David McLean field trip many years ago. Take a look at the plantings along Glades Road by the Boca Raton Golf Course, the Boca Rio Courses, Boca Greens, and the community of Loggers Run and you'll find his plants everywhere. My Bravo (below) is a cutting from the Boca Rio course from 9 or 10 years ago.

Attachments

• P1010008.jpg
    P1010008.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 77
Most of the golf courses in Boca, west of the turnpike, were landscaped by the same company. I don't remember the name, but the owner was big on Norma, Petra, and Bravo. Jeff will know who I'm talking about. He had a huge nursery along Flamingo Road across the street from a golf course. I was there on a David McLean field trip many years ago. Take a look at the plantings along Glades Road by the Boca Raton Golf Course, the Boca Rio Courses, Boca Greens, and the community of Loggers Run and you'll find his plants everywhere. My Bravo (below) is a cutting from the Boca Rio course from 9 or 10 years ago.

Stan Wood Maybe?

So the pics in post #3 and post #4 are all Bravo? :confused:
Post #3 doesn't really look like Bravo to me, is it maybe a blotched version? :confused:
And the "pink one" in post #4 is the same as the second photo in post #1 so that one is Bravo too?
Just trying to get it straight... :cool:
And is the Bravo in post #8 growing in the shade?
Thanks. :)

Randy's (palmisland) first and third posts, all three photos in each, are all Bravo. My Bravo is in deep shade and will get a lot of pink along with the green during the summer months when it gets more sun.

So the pics in post #3 and post #4 are all Bravo? :confused:
Post #3 doesn't really look like Bravo to me, is it maybe a blotched version? :confused:
And the "pink one" in post #4 is the same as the second photo in post #1 so that one is Bravo too?
Just trying to get it straight... :cool:
And is the Bravo in post #8 growing in the shade?
Thanks. :)

Post #3 is a different plant in the same grouping. There are 3 different cultivars planted together.