Chief ? :confused:

Attachments

• Chief.JPG
    Chief.JPG
    229.8 KB · Views: 79
  • Chief 2.JPG
    Chief 2.JPG
    219.8 KB · Views: 73
Ron, this is what I have for Chief. One is a plant from a grower in Miami. The other is from a collector/grower in the Lower Keys. I was talking with Jerry about Chief. He seems to think that there is a complex with these like with General MacArthur. Your plant could be in that complex, or just too juvenile at this stage to determine. It does look Chiefish for sure.chief 004.jpgchief 005.jpgchief 003.jpgchief 002.jpgchief 001.jpgchief 006.jpg

Moose - yes, that looks like Chief - which is pretty variable within limits. It's been a good grower, even if it tends to get a bit leggy, for me over here in St. Pete.

Ron,

I have two Chief's growing in the yard, one in almost total sun and the other in all day shade. If you come by this Saturday, we can all have a look at them and you can compare yours with mine.

Ron,

I have two Chief's growing in the yard, one in almost total sun and the other in all day shade. If you come by this Saturday, we can all have a look at them and you can compare yours with mine.

Jeff - I check the one by the front gate everytime I'm at your place. That is why I want this one to be Chief. I have this one with some decent sun exposure after seeing where you placed yours. Hmmmm, and you think I don't pay attention lol :rolleyes:;)

Ron,

OK Jeff, I see what you mean. My plant could be Chief and probably is. Just not 100% certain. Comparing your two yesterday was amazing. You could still tell they were the same cultivar but the one heavily shaded had nearly twice as long leaves and suprising fabulously colored. Hmmmm, one really never knows with these plants. Some really green up and lose variegation while others look even better.
:confused: