1. NEW BROMELIAD FORUM
    Guest - Don't miss our new forum. Perhaps you have something to add or share with us.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Check out, join, and contribute to our Facebook Page. Help get more people to the Forum. NEW TROPISCAPE FACEBOOK GROUP
    Dismiss Notice

Delray plants thru home depot

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by junglegal, Sep 9, 2010.

Please Help Support Our Generous Sponsors

1. junglegal

junglegal Esteemed Member

Bought a twist and point at HD this week for $3 in an interesting pot. It's made by enviropot.ca and is made of bamboo, straw and rice husks. Seems very sturdy and very reusable although the size is only slightly larger than a 4" pot.

It's just such an odd size though that I foresee many of them in the land fill because of lack of usability. I would assume they break down quickly?

Have you guys seen these and re-used them? Wondering how they hold up. To the eye and touch, they seem to be long lasting.

2. junglegal

P.S. OK, pissed off now because when I google the enviro pots, it leads me to a chinese mfg!!:mad: Not that I have any knowledge of where most of the black plastic nursery pots come from. Just trying to be a good steward to Ma Nature

3. junglegal

The pic...

Attached Files:

4. Jeff Searle

Jeff Searle Well-Known Member

Bren,

Lol....well, the bamboo, straw and rice husk certainly point to the far east dosen't it. The Twist and Point is a nice little croton, unique in it's own way. Give it plenty of sun when you decide to plant it. I'll have to pay more attention when I go over to my local HD store.