Delicatissima ready to go in the ground

fawnridge

04/07/09
From cuttings along 41st in Miami Beach. These came out of the mistbed yesterday. Probably plant them in 2 weeks.

Attachments

• P1010006.jpg
    P1010006.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 102
  • P1010007.jpg
    P1010007.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 113
This and the Joseph Fondure planted on the next block were grown and planted by Mr. Fondure who donated the plants to the city of Miami Beach. I have Curly Boy in the garden and the leaves are much longer, don't have the pink color, and Moose, it's spelled "goy".

This and the Joseph Fondure planted on the next block were grown and planted by Mr. Fondure who donated the plants to the city of Miami Beach. I have Curly Boy in the garden and the leaves are much longer, don't have the pink color, and Moose, it's spelled "goy".

Thought it rhymed with Koi, what were you expecting - good spelling from a goy? LOL

Ricky - I don't remember the Joseph Fondure in your yard. Do you have a photo? Interesting that someone I was just talking to yesterday at the Palm Sale mentioned Joseph Fondure. He does not visit this forum.

It's on the south perimeter, where most people don't walk since the path is mulch and not stones. It was a cutting I took from the original plant in Joseph Fondure's nursery; a David McLean field trip. I grew the cutting in a clay pot by the front door until the mites and scale found it. Wilma took it out of the ground from the north side of the garden and I replanted it on the south side, hoping for it to get more sun.

Joseph Fondure is a very narrow and long leaf variety that will take full sun and get lots of orange and yellow. In the shade (mine), you get more deep red and purple. Very slow growing.

Attachments

• P1010001.jpg
    P1010001.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 112
Joseph Fondure was a seedling that grew into a massive plant. Zanzibar has much shorter leaves. The original Joseph Fondure had leaves almost 18" long.