Davis Frank Brown

Bullwinkle

Esteemed Member
17/11/10
Almost ready to go into the ground.This one has really big leaves !!

Attachments

• R0010536.jpg
    R0010536.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 82
I think it's also known as Davis #14 (our wiki picture of #14 is incorrect). There's debate on whether or not it's also called Frank Brown. Jesse Durko insists it is and has a huge plant. Ana, the other Frank Brown you've probably heard of is Coppinger's Frank Brown. I think Andy has posted a plant in a Palmpedia post.

So, should it go in the wiki under Davis #14? Under Davis Frank Brown? What do you think? I need direction.

Marie, the Coppinger's Frank Brown is in the wiki already grouped with Frank Brown. Any corrections, suggestions, anyone?

Also, the plant that is under Davis #14, is that a plant that can be transferred to another heading?

I'm am unframillar to the appearance of a Davis #14. As to what I have growing as the (big leaved) "Davis Frank Brown", it does not appear to be the same plant that Mike has posted. Really wish it would look so good.

Ana - many ID's go unresolved for years. We saw several mysteries and some misnamed varieties get resolved this past Saturday in Ft. Myers.