Davis #10

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by palmisland, Aug 9, 2015.

Banner funded expressly in recognition and support of Tropiscape.

1. palmisland

palmisland Well-Known Member

I got this as Davis #10 a few years ago, I believe from Marie. I don't see it in the WIKI. Is anyone else growing this? It has some DSC_0017.jpg DSC_0016.jpg fairly large leaves.

2. kwtimo

kwtimo Well-Known Member

Randy, this had me wondering about Davis 14. Has that been confirmed to be synonymous with Inca?

3. annafl

annafl Esteemed Member

Beautiful plant, Randy. Love the pinks. I didn't even know there was a Davis #10. If someone else has it and we can confirm it, I'd love to put it in the wiki.

So Tim, are you saying you've heard Inca and DAvis 14 are synonymous? I remember Mike saying he had trouble seeing the difference between the two. What have you heard?

4. Jeff Searle

Jeff Searle Well-Known Member

Well, that's strange, because I have been growing Davis #10 for several years now and it's a mustard yellow and green leaf. This was the name Bob Alonzo gave it.

The plant above does resemble Inca though.

5. Marie Nock

Marie Nock Well-Known Member

Randy, if you got it from me it would be Davis 14 or Inca. I have both and do not know if they are the same or just both Davis hybrids.

6. palmisland

palmisland Well-Known Member

Thanks Marie, I can't find the original tag. I do try to tag all my plants the day I get them.