1. NEW BROMELIAD FORUM
    Guest - Don't miss our new forum. Perhaps you have something to add or share with us.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Check out, join, and contribute to our Facebook Page. Help get more people to the Forum. NEW TROPISCAPE FACEBOOK GROUP
    Dismiss Notice

Dave Butler Has Registered

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by Dypsisdean, Dec 15, 2010.

Please Help Support Our Generous Sponsors

1. Dypsisdean

Dypsisdean Administrator Staff Member

Many of you know or know of Dave Butler. He has properly registered as "Croton Guru" and I have chosen to admit him.

However, I will alert him to this thread in which I will declare publicly that this Forum is under the direction of The Croton Society. And while I choose to allow more controversial discussions, The Croton Society may choose not to. And it is my impression that they choose to keep things friendly and non-confrontational. So as far as I am concerned, Dave is welcome to contribute. He knows a lot about Crotons, and he has lots of photos and opinions. But if he has trouble getting along with the rest of the group, or if anyone has reasons as to why he should not be allowed to participate, let me know.

Let's see if we can't make it work for the benefit of sharing knowledge about Crotons.

2. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

I have heard of Dave Butler from many who have known him. He will definitely be an excellent source of croton information and advise.

Welcome Dave! :)

Ron.

3. Crazy for Crotons

Crazy for Crotons Well-Known Member

Hey Dave! What ever happened to the Croton Mania website? That site had some great information and photos.

4. Croton Guru

Croton Guru Banned

My Financial Status is very bad ATM so had to let it go. :( But im thinking a new one will be comming soon :)
    And off topic just a bit, I was asked to join this Forum because of some small Misinformation being Put out about our Beautiful Leafed Plants (Crotons).
    More on that subject to Follow. :)

5. fawnridge

fawnridge Well-Known Member

Hey Dave - Good to have you here. I bought a huge Ram's Horn, a Reagan, and several other large Crotons from you when you were moving north. All of them are thriving. The Ram's Horn is over four feet tall. One of them, a Davis hybrid I believe you said, is still unnamed. There's a post around here that has a photo. I'll link it when I find it.

6. Crotonologist

Crotonologist Active Member

Some of the croton-mania site is still accessible through the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine:
    http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://croton-mania.com
    I especially like the croton hybridizer posters...

Welcome to the forum Dave :)

Attached Files:

7. Borgy230

Borgy230 Active Member

Welcome to the board

8. Sergey

Sergey Active Member

Croton Mania changed my idea about crotons and opened a world of Thai crotons to me.
    Dave, thank you for this!

9. Croton Guru

Croton Guru Banned

Your Very Welcome Sergey.