Czar Alexander

Jeff Searle

26/08/08
This croton originated from the Mary Hayward Garden. It came to me through Bob Alonzo and he was pretty sure that this is it, but not 100%. Looking in the book for comparison, it's close or similar, but would like to know from others what you think. Czar Alexander is pretty rare and not very commonly seen.

Attachments

• croton soc.@Glocks 12.10 030.jpg
    croton soc.@Glocks 12.10 030.jpg
    318.3 KB · Views: 117
  • croton soc.@Glocks 12.10 031.jpg
    croton soc.@Glocks 12.10 031.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 113
I was bidding on one supposedly at the recent croton meeting, and won, but i was sadden to find out later from Bob Alonzo that it most likely wasn't Czar Alexander, but just some other croton :(

very nice!

I was bidding on that croton, you still got a great deal because you hardly ever
see that croton.

I was bidding on one supposedly at the recent croton meeting, and won, but i was sadden to find out later from Bob Alonzo that it most likely wasn't Czar Alexander, but just some other croton :(

very nice!

Rob,

I remember that cutting. I personally didn't think much of it and thought at the moment it didn't look like anything close to this plant of mine. Can you post a picture of it maybe just so others can see it and offer their thoughts? Also to compare w/ the picture in the book. Thanks, and no hurry.:)

very nice!

Rob, Can you post a shot of your Croton?