Croton Society sale??

Are there any meetings or votes? Don"t remember seeing anything in the last year concerning the society itself. Was there a meeting/vote at Mikes? Stupid question but who is all on the board? I looked online and on my calendar and can't tell.

I hope USF is on the schedule.

Some of us may want to donate some plants. Air layers on and then pot them up and have ready for the sale requires a bit a planning. Should we set aside some plants for this function ? Anyone know ? :confused:

Moose - The USF Fall Plant Sale is scheduled for 8-9 October 2011. Whenever the Croton Society had enough plants (donations plus some purchased wholesale and the sold retail), we had a sales area. The major problem now is set up and staffing of the sales area and then tear down on Sunday afternoon; the same old gang has been doing the same old work since day 1. Sound familiar...???

Based on annecdotal comments, the Society makes almost as much profit at a good croton meeting/auction with a lot less work. Good for the bottom line but not especially good for recruiting new members

Getting east coast plants to the west coast is another added complication..

However, I suspect your generous donations would be welcome at a sale, at an auction, or whatever so keep air layering and potting them up.

Are there any meetings or votes? Don"t remember seeing anything in the last year concerning the society itself. Was there a meeting/vote at Mikes? Stupid question but who is all on the board? I looked online and on my calendar and can't tell.

I hope USF is on the schedule.

Bren, Maybe we will get some info in the June newsletter.