Croton Shirts?

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by TikiRick, Nov 3, 2011.

Banner funded expressly in recognition and support of Tropiscape.

1. TikiRick

TikiRick Well-Known Member

Tropical tee shirts and/or Hawaiian shirts that have palms, orchids, heliconias, and philodendrons are fairly easy to find.

I am continually looking for shirts with crotons. Is there such a shirt? I can't find any. Not even a Hawaiian shirt with SOME crotons on them.

There was a Fairchild Tropical Botanical Garden Ramble poster many years ago that featured a croton...and the poster was transferred on to tee shirts for sale in the FTBG gift shop....but since then I have not seen a shirt with any rare/colorful crotons....Do you have a croton shirt?

DEAN???? Whatchya say? Any shirts planned with multiple cultivars on them?

2. Marie Nock

Marie Nock Well-Known Member

Rick,
    I bought a croton aloha shirt from Avanti in Hawaii. I wore it to the last croton meeting at Jeff's. They make men's and women's shirts but they're 100% silk. They have a web site but I don't know the url.
    Marie

3. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Dean has one in the on-line store (click onto link in upper right hand corner). You would think that Tommy Bahama would had made some? :confused:

4. Dypsisdean

Dypsisdean Administrator Staff Member

Reminds me MooseMan - I owe you a shirt for being such a Palmpedia kingpin. It's just that I am having a problem ordering a Tangerine colored shirt with that Pinkish design. Can you say 'clash.' I think it would look a little "pimpy." Or is that the look you are after? :) Can I talk you into another color so I can get that on the way to you?

5. Dypsisdean

Rick,

I have offered here before. If I have the proper photo, I can make nice shirts. But I dont' have access to the nice cultivars over here to take any. I would need someone with a good camera, and some good cultivars, to get on the phone with me so I can tell them how to take the photos properly. I includes a uniform background, like the green screen principle. And I need a certain resolution. Are you up for giving it a try Rick. I believe you have both the camera and crotons. And I can clue you in on the technique pretty easily. It's worth a try.

I am just not excited about the standard rectangular photo reprint on a shirt. It looks just like a photo on a shirt. I like to have my designs look more "professional." That is, as you see with the design "floating" on the shirt. But I can do that design and frame it with a bamboo frame. It looks a little more polished that way.

6. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Dean:

Answer: Forest green then.

Wish I had some worthy cultivars and a camera to capture the images you desire. :rolleyes:

Rick's crotons look way better than mine.

7. Dypsisdean

Got it. :) I sent one to Jungle Gal in appreciation of her contributions, and then she goes MIA. You better not do the same. :)

(Bren, are you out there?)

8. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Dean - Bren is supposed to be at Jeff's Croton Garden Tour Nov. 19th. Since you are in Hawaii, I could give her a proxy spanking for you. :rolleyes: After that - the Moose would surely no longer be physically able to post. Bren is a sweetheart, but the tough angry Green Bay Packers fan would emerge if I did that. :eek:

I am sure Bren is extremely busy is all ... ;)

9. TikiRick

TikiRick Well-Known Member

Let's do it Dean! I will be in touch.

10. junglegal

junglegal Esteemed Member

I'm still here!

I'm in the middle of a 2 wk gov't audit for work and there were several wks of prep time before this thing started last wk. :mad:

Just getting blasted at work and coming home exhausted. I plan on making Jeff's party and then my schedule will be freed up mid Dec.

Dean, I will be wearing my croton shirt to the party :)