Croton Exiter

I believe this is Exiter DSC_0017.jpgDSC_0018.jpgDSC_0020.jpgDSC_0022.jpg

Hmmm - suposedly Exiter resembles Geisha Girl. Having never seen an Exiter in person, not really sure what a "true" one looks like.

That is a real beauty there Randy. Thanks for posting your pics.

Ray - is Randy's plant an Exiter? Anyone else on the West Coast growing Exiter?

Don't belive it is very prevalent over on this coast.

Hey, Randy's Exiter resembles the one in the wiki to me. Phil or Ray? Jeff? Marie? Anyone?

Looking at the older leaves on Randy's plant - they seem to match the one from Jeff Searle's plant in the Wiki. Randy's plant is flushing new growth with some interesting coloring. Different growing conditions, lighting and time of the year when photos are taken are factors to be considered. :p

Ray - is the name Exiter or Exciter? I think I've heard you refer to it as Exciter.
Its got both names in the Wiki which may have been a overlooked or unresolved typo. :confused:

Those photos are actually from the momma donor plant. I took those in December 2012 & waited until spring to get some cuttings. These photos are of my plant this morning. It gets plenty of morning sun & I expect it to start coloring up soon.:cool:DSC_0089.jpgDSC_0091.jpg

I concure with Ricky that Exeter is the correct spelling. Goggle the various spellings, and the only one that makes any sense is Exeter - an old city in Devon, England.

Done. And while we're on the names, what about Mrs. Ferdinand Kohl? Is this just a mistake... trying to be Madam Fernand Kohl? It's hard to believe there would be another croton with that similar of a name. But I could be wrong. Anyone?

If my ancient high school French serves me correctly, I think it is: Madame Ferdinand Kohl. Somewhere the e got dropped (or was never there) and Madam(e) got translated into the English equivalent, Mrs. So Frau, madame, pana, etc. would all be the same plant - just in different languages. onward through the linguistic fog...

The two names as exist in the wiki are: Madam Fernand Kohl and Mrs. Ferdinand Kohl. Now there are a couple of things to pay attention to. I agree that Madam is the 'Americanized' version of the French name for Mrs., Madame, however, in Dr. Brown's book, it is spelled Madam. Ray had said that we should go with the spelling in Dr. Brown's book if we have agreed that this is The Book of reference for crotons. Next is the issue of Fernand. Also spelled this way in Dr. Brown's book. Is this really Ferdinand, Fernando, or truly Fernand. Seems like another misspelled name to me, but that is the way it is spelled in Dr. Brown's reference book. Now, the wiki has both these names. Mrs. Ferdinand Kohl, and Madam Fernand Kohl. Notice all the parts to the names. We have been using Madam Fernand Kohl as the true name in the past. Does this mean that Mrs. Ferdinand Kohl is a misspelled name (someone's intention being to enter the name Madam Fernand Kohl in the wiki), or is Mrs. Ferdinand Kohl another existing croton separate from Madam Fernand Kohl? Does anyone understand what I'm asking? Therefore, should Mrs. Ferdinand Kohl be deleted from the wiki or should it stay? That's what I'd like to know. Thanks:)