Croton Etiquette

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by Moose, Sep 3, 2011.

Banner funded expressly in recognition and support of Tropiscape.

1. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

In croton etiquette is it proper to thank someone for a gift of a croton? I have thanked people for giving me a cultivar I do not have.

In the orchid world, it is

2. Phil Stager

Phil Stager Well-Known Member

Moose - Good manners like saying Thank you for a gift never go out of style.

3. junglegal

junglegal Esteemed Member

Ron,
    Thank you equal gratitude, one of the most important feelings a human can posess. So yes! I thanked you for grandma and heaven :) That sentence taken out of context could have a whole other meaning LOL

4. Jeff Searle

Jeff Searle Well-Known Member

WHENEVER a gift is given, regardless, a thank-you should always be given. Even in a trade.......

5. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

... In the orchid world, there is an old superstition amongst many old timers that you do not thank someone for a gift of a plant for it will meet its demise.

Thank you for your responses. :)

6. Crazy for Crotons

Crazy for Crotons Well-Known Member

The best form of thanks is forward payment. I can't give the real collectors here (Jeff, Keith, Phil, Marie etc.) many plants they don't already have. In the absence of that however, I try to distribute plants to those folks just beginning or even to admiring neighbors that want to try growing these incredible plants.