COSTA RICA CROTON WANDERINGS - CODIAEUMS IN THE GARDEN DESIGN PART 03

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by donroberth, Aug 12, 2016.

Banner funded expressly in recognition and support of Tropiscape.

1. donroberth

donroberth Well-Known Member

COUNTRY & CROTONS: Let’s go rural and leave the greater metropolitan area of San Jose’s Central Valley and indulge in one of my favorite pass-times. And that is… hunting for Croton images in Costa Rica’s smaller and provincial communities :).

Kingdavid and ScotTi like this.
  2. Phil Stager

Phil Stager Well-Known Member

Great pics as always! Thought that Cronstadt was something else like Dreadlocks due to all the orange in it.

3. donroberth

donroberth Well-Known Member

Hi Phil… thanks for your comments. When I first saw this cultivar “out in the wild” I thought it must be Cronstadt until I became aware of Dreadlocks which I understand is very similar.

I have attached several photos of the same cultivar that I originally called Cronstadt (perhaps in error) and have included the dates in order to better appreciate its maturation process. I hope this helps anyone else that would like to chime in with an I.D. in order that I may put a name on it! :confused:

Attached Files:

Kingdavid and ScotTi like this.
  4. annafl

annafl Esteemed Member

Hi Robert! Thanks for the great photos! You should really consider putting them in a separate thread in the 'crotons in the landscape' forum. It would be nice to have them there for all to look at over time. You could just title it something like 'miscellaneous Costa Rican crotons in the landscape' or something like that. Thanks again! By the way, I vote for Dreadlocks also.

5. Kingdavid

Kingdavid Esteemed Member

Major Cool .......I want that one...