COSTA RICA CROTON WANDERINGS - BERMUDA RED OR OTHER???

donroberth

19/07/09
I run into the following posted variety (photos) on a semi-frequent basis and I suspect they are all the same cultivar… could it be Bermuda Red? Although listed, there are no photos of this plant in the WIKI Master Name List.

A search on GOOGLE produced an interesting photo that look strikingly similar the submitted photos below, as well as Marie Nock’s Bermuda Red pix from Hawaii as posted in 2011 on the Croton Society Forum.

Hopefully someone that is familiar with this variety can chime in with some suggestions or better yet, identify the photos I have attached. Many thanks in advance. :)

Attachments

• 01 'NOID' IN ROBERTICO'S GARDEN.JPG
    01 'NOID' IN ROBERTICO'S GARDEN.JPG
    451.8 KB · Views: 162
  • 02 CLOSE-UP OF FLUSH IN PHOTO 01.JPG
    02 CLOSE-UP OF FLUSH IN PHOTO 01.JPG
    339.3 KB · Views: 178
  • 03 NOID - IN A SMALL ROHMOSER NEIGHBORHOOD PARK.JPG
    03 NOID - IN A SMALL ROHMOSER NEIGHBORHOOD PARK.JPG
    430 KB · Views: 176
  • 04 CLOSE-UP OF FLUSH IN PHOTO 03.JPG
    04 CLOSE-UP OF FLUSH IN PHOTO 03.JPG
    249.5 KB · Views: 176
  • 05 'NOID' SUSPECTED BERMUDA RED.jpg
    05 'NOID' SUSPECTED BERMUDA RED.jpg
    378.1 KB · Views: 235
  • 06 'NOID' SUSPECTED BERMUDA RED.jpg
    06 'NOID' SUSPECTED BERMUDA RED.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 166
  • 07 GOOGLE- Croton 'Bermuda Red' Vintage Tree Farms  with Tom Piergrossi.jpg
    07 GOOGLE- Croton 'Bermuda Red' Vintage Tree Farms with Tom Piergrossi.jpg
    361.1 KB · Views: 170
  • 08 MARIE NOCK'S FORUM PHOTO OF  BERMUDA RED IN HAWAII OR PERHAPS BARON ROTHCHILD.jpg
    08 MARIE NOCK'S FORUM PHOTO OF BERMUDA RED IN HAWAII OR PERHAPS BARON ROTHCHILD.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 159
Hi Anna, in answer to your questions.....

All the photos were taken with my Sony Cyber-shot digital camera (DSC-HX200), as are all the pix I post on the Forum.

I don’t understand why they won’t enlarge :( but I can re-send them if you wish?

Hi Anna… it appears that my first attempt to send you the photo that you requested failed (the one that wouldn’t enlarge). Here is my second attempt at sending you the “full image”. Please let me know if you receive it in good order...

01 'NOID' IN ROBERTICO'S GARDEN.JPG

Thanks Anna… after reviewing Bermuda Red in the Wiki Photos I see that you’ve repeated the Close-up of the one in my garden. Did you mean to do this for some reason? I don’t want to sound redundant, but what great work you’ve done and continue doing with the Wiki Photos…thanks again! :)