COSTA RICA CROTON WANDERINGS - BERMUDA RED OR OTHER???

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by donroberth, Sep 16, 2016.

Banner funded expressly in recognition and support of Tropiscape.

1. donroberth

donroberth Well-Known Member

I run into the following posted variety (photos) on a semi-frequent basis and I suspect they are all the same cultivar… could it be Bermuda Red? Although listed, there are no photos of this plant in the WIKI Master Name List.

A search on GOOGLE produced an interesting photo that look strikingly similar the submitted photos below, as well as Marie Nock’s Bermuda Red pix from Hawaii as posted in 2011 on the Croton Society Forum.

Hopefully someone that is familiar with this variety can chime in with some suggestions or better yet, identify the photos I have attached. Many thanks in advance. :)

Attached Files:

annafl, Kingdavid and Native son like this.
  2. donroberth

Sorry about photo #06 being flipped on its side. I had already uploaded the file and it was impossile to correct this mistake after the fact... OOPS! :eek:

3. donroberth

I finally found a way to flip photo #06...:happy-dance:

Attached Files:

4. Marie Nock

Marie Nock Well-Known Member

Robertico, your plants look like Bermuda Red to me.

donroberth and annafl like this.
  5. annafl

annafl Esteemed Member

Robert, these are beautiful photos as always, and Marie, thanks so much for confirming the identification of this beautiful croton!

donroberth likes this.
  6. donroberth

Thank you Marie for confirming my suspicions RE: Bermuda Red... also, thanks Anna for your compliment!:SmileyPetals

7. annafl

annafl Esteemed Member

Just re-posting these to see if I can get some of these photos to enlarge for me. Bear with me. Robert, is the first photo of your own garden a cell-phone photo? Do you know why it won't enlarge?

Robertico's garden.jpg 03 NOID - IN A SMALL ROHMOSER NEIGHBORHOOD PARK.JPG 08 MARIE NOCK'S FORUM PHOTO OF  BERMUDA RED IN HAWAII OR PERHAPS BARON ROTHCHILD.jpg Robertico's garden.jpg

8. donroberth

Hi Anna, in answer to your questions.....

All the photos were taken with my Sony Cyber-shot digital camera (DSC-HX200), as are all the pix I post on the Forum.

I don’t understand why they won’t enlarge :( but I can re-send them if you wish?

9. annafl

annafl Esteemed Member

Robert, it's only the one above that's from your garden. Don't know why. Go figure! Try it again and we'll see what happens. Choose 'full image' to see if that will make a difference.

10. donroberth

Hi Anna… it appears that my first attempt to send you the photo that you requested failed (the one that wouldn’t enlarge). Here is my second attempt at sending you the “full image”. Please let me know if you receive it in good order...

01 'NOID' IN ROBERTICO'S GARDEN.JPG

11. annafl

annafl Esteemed Member

It works perfectly now, Robert. Thanks!

donroberth likes this.
  12. donroberth

Thanks Anna… after reviewing Bermuda Red in the Wiki Photos I see that you’ve repeated the Close-up of the one in my garden. Did you mean to do this for some reason? I don’t want to sound redundant, but what great work you’ve done and continue doing with the Wiki Photos…thanks again! :)

13. annafl

annafl Esteemed Member

Thanks, Robert, for double checking it. I had copied and pasted it to another spot on the page, and forgot to delete the first one. Sometimes photos are different sizes and fit better or look better in one spot or another.

donroberth likes this.