Costa Rica Croton Gardens - ID'S needed pls

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by donroberth, Oct 9, 2010.

Banner funded expressly in recognition and support of Tropiscape.

1. donroberth

donroberth Well-Known Member

I continue to be terrible with identifiying Crotons and would like the membership to help me ID the following 6 varieties please. Where are all the Croton Gurus ?

Fotos 1 and 2 : First foto is the unknown crotón (to me) in a garden arrangement and the second is an enlargement of the same variety…ID please.

Fotos 3 and 4 : Foto 3 is the unkown in a street-side garden and 4 is the corresponding enlargement…ID please.

Attached Files:

2. donroberth

Fotos 5 and 6 : Foto 5 are the unkowns in a sidewalk garden and 6 is the corresponding enlargement…ID please.

Fotos 7 and 8 : Foto 7 is the unknown (foreground) on a sidewalk and 8 is the corresponding enlargement…ID please.

Attached Files:

3. donroberth

Fotos 9 and 10 : Foto 9 is the unkown (foreground) and 10 is the corresponding enlargement…ID please.

Fotos 11 and 12 : Foto 11 is the unkown (foreground) and 12 is the corresponding enlargement…ID please.

Attached Files:

4. Marie Nock

Marie Nock Well-Known Member

I think the first one is one of the pink Veitchiis and I think the second is Lyrata.

5. junglegal

junglegal Esteemed Member

Robert has been sending me photos and when I get some free time, we are going to start a page highlighting crotons in the Costa Rican landscape. There sure are some beauties!

6. donroberth

Hello Marie...many thanks for your reply. I think you are right on with Lyrata...I didn't know the name. Hopefully the other Croton Gurus will "chime in" soon.

7. Phil Stager

Phil Stager Well-Known Member

9 & 10 look like Kentucky; 11 & 12 look like a 'blacked out' Bravo. Some like the purple look (generally due to low light)

8. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Robert, The Croton in pics 5&6 looks like it may be Zanzibar. Here is a pic of my late Zanzibar...

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      22.6 KB
      Views:
  9. Jeff Searle

Jeff Searle Well-Known Member

Don,

I like the choices here that our members made. Veitchii and Kentucky especially.