1. NEW BROMELIAD FORUM
    Guest - Don't miss our new forum. Perhaps you have something to add or share with us.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Check out, join, and contribute to our Facebook Page. Help get more people to the Forum. NEW TROPISCAPE FACEBOOK GROUP
    Dismiss Notice

Costa Rica Croton Gardens - ID'S needed pls

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by donroberth, Oct 9, 2010.

Please Help Support Our Generous Sponsors

1. donroberth

donroberth Well-Known Member

I continue to be terrible with identifiying Crotons and would like the membership to help me ID the following 6 varieties please. Where are all the Croton Gurus ?

Fotos 1 and 2 : First foto is the unknown crotón (to me) in a garden arrangement and the second is an enlargement of the same variety…ID please.

Fotos 3 and 4 : Foto 3 is the unkown in a street-side garden and 4 is the corresponding enlargement…ID please.

Attached Files:

2. donroberth

Fotos 5 and 6 : Foto 5 are the unkowns in a sidewalk garden and 6 is the corresponding enlargement…ID please.

Fotos 7 and 8 : Foto 7 is the unknown (foreground) on a sidewalk and 8 is the corresponding enlargement…ID please.

Attached Files:

3. donroberth

Fotos 9 and 10 : Foto 9 is the unkown (foreground) and 10 is the corresponding enlargement…ID please.

Fotos 11 and 12 : Foto 11 is the unkown (foreground) and 12 is the corresponding enlargement…ID please.

Attached Files:

4. Marie Nock

Marie Nock Well-Known Member

I think the first one is one of the pink Veitchiis and I think the second is Lyrata.

5. junglegal

junglegal Esteemed Member

Robert has been sending me photos and when I get some free time, we are going to start a page highlighting crotons in the Costa Rican landscape. There sure are some beauties!

6. donroberth

Hello Marie...many thanks for your reply. I think you are right on with Lyrata...I didn't know the name. Hopefully the other Croton Gurus will "chime in" soon.

7. Phil Stager

Phil Stager Well-Known Member

9 & 10 look like Kentucky; 11 & 12 look like a 'blacked out' Bravo. Some like the purple look (generally due to low light)

8. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Robert, The Croton in pics 5&6 looks like it may be Zanzibar. Here is a pic of my late Zanzibar...

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      22.6 KB
      Views:
  9. Jeff Searle

Jeff Searle Well-Known Member

Don,

I like the choices here that our members made. Veitchii and Kentucky especially.