Coppinger's Hybrid/Cutler's Gulfstream

annafl

Esteemed Member
Until recently this croton was going by the name Coppinger's Hybrid, although it was known that it had sometimes been called Cutler's Gulfstream. Then, at the Glock's meeting/auction, Bob Alonzo called it Cutler's Gulfstream. Since then, it seems that people are using this name preferentially. Since it has both the Coppinger and the Cutler name, I was just curious if anyone knows who developed/found this croton- Coppinger, or Cutler. Any ideas or clues? Thanks.

I've been quietly asking the same question. Tim Anderson may have been the source of the Coppinger's Hybrid name. Bob Alonzo & Mark Hooten gave us Cutler's Gulfstream confirmation. Henry Coppinger and Al Cutler, both were Miami Croton cultivators. This croton was also called One In The Head

The answer may lurk in the misty fog ... :confused:

I've been quietly asking the same question. Tim Anderson may have been the source of the Coppinger's Hybrid name. Bob Alonzo & Mark Hooten gave us Cutler's Gulfstream confirmation. Henry Coppinger and Al Cutler, both were Miami Croton cultivators. This croton was also called One In The Head:

Ron, Tim used to call it Mr. Little because he was the source of Tim's original plant. I first heard the name Coppinger's Hybrid from Keith. I wonder if he has more information?

Johnny Shelton has the story about this croton he told it to me but I don't recall all the facts , but I think Cutler was a merchant marine who traveled the island chain and acquired this from an island . you cant quote me but this is what I recall. I also recall in other post crotons heads said this was lost and dead. look at others post that were discussed about this . The story from Johnny was a good story ,just don't remember the whole story