Connie Cutler

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by ScotTi, Oct 27, 2013.

Banner funded expressly in recognition and support of Tropiscape.

1. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Connie Cutler (confused)

The Wiki has no photos of Connie Cutler and in the forum search I have become more confused. If you are growing what you believe or were told is a C. Cutler please post a photo here to sort out this one.

2. Bills

Bills Banned

Scott the post previous are pics that were given to me as connie cutler from J Shelton 2 years ago ,I kept one and gave moose one . I can only trust that this is what they are.

3. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Billy, I am just stating that what has been posted in this forum about C. Cutler is all over the place. Do a search of Connie Cutler here in the forum and read the post and look at the photos. Here is a photo of Stewartii and Davids photo of C. Cutler all that I am stating is they look a lot alike. The photos Moose posted look different also.
    stewartii800px-Stewartii-Scott.jpg Billys CC073.jpg

4. Bills

Bills Banned

Scott Moose plant is from the same branch cutting as mine , there growing in different locations, not sure if that has affects one is in palm beach county the other Miami could be photos takers , not sure , davids plant doesn't look anything like ours .mine is growing but has not really colored up yet . we wwww

5. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Thanks Bill, you let the cat out of the bag.

Scott - this is not a very fast croton. At least one established from a small cutting. It does not appear that either of our plants have achieved the full potential of what it could be.

6. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Ron, I realize that your plant and Bill's are still small and have not achieved full potential. All I am asking for is a photo of C.Cutler mature in all of its glory. Someone out there must have one or at least a photo of one. I in another post, Ray stated the photo of C.Cutler in Dr. Browns book (pg 87) was not C.Cutler. :confused:

7. Kingdavid

Kingdavid Esteemed Member

My STEWARTI are much much biger and wider not even close to the plant i was picturing .Stewarti plants grow 5 times faster . The plant i took photos of look identicle to the pictures in the book on page 87 . so i hear now that picture is not correct ??? In st lucie co Stewarti are all over the place and are big , some 15 ft all colors , some are at houses that are 100 years old . The connie Cutler lookalike parent plant is at a house that is 80 years old or older .That property is loaded with Rheedi too . Current owner says its been there the entire time he has lived there over 40 years and its onle 4 ft . Guess i should get a picture of that plant . my plant was 5 years old only 2.5 ft tall Mayb there is a minature SEWARTI ????

Attached Files:

• 071.jpg
      071.jpg
      File size:
      105 KB
      Views:
    • 073.jpg
      073.jpg
      File size:
      146 KB
      Views: