1. NEW BROMELIAD FORUM
    Guest - Don't miss our new forum. Perhaps you have something to add or share with us.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Check out, join, and contribute to our Facebook Page. Help get more people to the Forum. NEW TROPISCAPE FACEBOOK GROUP
    Dismiss Notice

Colorful Flowering Pinapple

Discussion in 'COMPANION PLANTS - TROPICAL & SUBTROPICAL' started by ScotTi, May 23, 2010.

1. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

stages to flowering....

Attached Files:

2. Dypsisdean

Dypsisdean Administrator Staff Member

Thanks, I've never seen that before --- Interesting.

3. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Dean, The name of it is Bromelia balansae. I can send you seeds in the summer when they ripen if you like. That is the next colorful stage of this plant yellow/orange fruit. Beware these plants have vicious curved spines.

4. Dypsisdean

Dypsisdean Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the offer Scott. I really appreciate it. However, I need a rain check. I have made a personal commitment to resist new plant material until I get more of my potted stuff in the ground. I still have over 350 palms to get planted and lanscaped - not to mention 100+ other stuff.

I have managed to get about 50 things planted the last month, and have almost finished an area for another 25. So if I can keep up this pace, which I doubt, I can see some relief in about 6-8 months. Then I may check back with you. :)