Colin Kelley

Phil Stager

Esteemed Member
04/07/09
Time to start a new thread on this one. See the meeting wrap-up for Ron's pics of what he purchased as Colin Kelley.

Here's some pics of what I purchased as Colin Kelley in 1991 from the Blaumans. The first pics is of the parent plant which is heavily shaded some years later; second two pics are of air layer from parent and are in more light. Althought the pics do not show it well, CK is very different from Vietchii.

Now before we get our knickers in a twist over names again, recall that croton naming is an art and not a science. One becomes proficient in an art form with practice, practice, and more practice..... Unfortunately, most of us do not have a lot to practice on or the time or inclination. ...and it was interesting to watch to fine practitioners of the art of naming crotons, Bob Alonzo and John Bender, discuss one in my yard several years ago. No agreement was reached other than it was a nice looking croton.

Onward through the fog.....

Attachments

• DSCN2184.jpg
    DSCN2184.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 91
  • DSCN2185.jpg
    DSCN2185.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 103
  • DSCN2186.jpg
    DSCN2186.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 105
This definitely has different color patterns than of the pictures you posted. Looks more like a Nestor parentage on mine? Well I will keep it tagged as a Colin Kelley until an id can be sorted out. :p

By the way Phil, the Coral Shower got installed in the ground yesterday evening. It looks very happy. Too bad it is kind of slowish, I would love to see it get about 6ft. tall quickly. :rolleyes:

Phil - I love your sign off "Onward through the fog...." , it is very appropriate for crotons! :cool:

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 97
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 90