Codiaeum variegatum "Erica's Party"

fawnridge

04/07/09
This is a 2-year-old seedling that I've been watching. As the second generation of leaves has now flushed out, I have decided to give it a name.
Meet Codiaeum variegatum "Erica's Party"
Several pink spots, and a most interesting leaf shape. Named for my daughter Erica.

photo1.jpg photo2.jpg photo.jpg

Ricky,

I hope it turns out to be something pretty. With the pink dots, it could. I look forward to seeing this plant when it gets bigger, and a great name in honor of your daughter.
Jeff

Ricky,

How's Erica's Party doing? Is it still showing the pink spots? It must have at least doubled in size with all the summer growth from the rains. Any recent pictures?

It's been more than two years since the original photo and Erica's Party was pulled from the ground, sat for a week in the mistbed, and then went in the ground on the opposite side of the garden. The "trunk" is still just a bit thicker than a pencil, but the leaves are getting much bigger.

erica's party.jpg

Looking good,it is coloring up nicely

It's been more than two years since the original photo and Erica's Party was pulled from the ground, sat for a week in the mistbed, and then went in the ground on the opposite side of the garden. The "trunk" is still just a bit thicker than a pencil, but the leaves are getting much bigger.

View attachment 21670