1. NEW BROMELIAD FORUM
    Guest - Don't miss our new forum. Perhaps you have something to add or share with us.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Check out, join, and contribute to our Facebook Page. Help get more people to the Forum. NEW TROPISCAPE FACEBOOK GROUP
    Dismiss Notice

Christian's Landscape?

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by junglegal, Jul 9, 2011.

Please Help Support Our Generous Sponsors

1. junglegal

junglegal Esteemed Member

This was a small rooted cutting from Rick Leitner. He guessed it may be christians landscape. Any ideas? Leaves are staying fairly small and it seems to branch out well. The stems are very orangy and the older leaves turn a spotted orange and get a dark outline on the leaf.

Attached Files:

2. palmisland

palmisland Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what it is, but it's not Christian's Landscape.

Randy

3. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

I moved one earlier this Spring. Due to our hot and very dry conditions, it totally defoliated. As it began to regenerate, the new emergent leaves looked very simular to Bren's rooted cutting. You could very well have a Christian's Landscape that has not developed its true leaf characteristic yet. Time will tell.

4. Jeff Searle

Jeff Searle Well-Known Member

Like Ron said, it's really too hard to say because of it's young size. I think C/L makes a nice landscape plant in the garden because of it's size and color.

Jeff

5. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Bren - can you give us an updated photo? :) Did the leaves turn darker and the spots red? :confused: