1. NEW BROMELIAD FORUM
    Guest - Don't miss our new forum. Perhaps you have something to add or share with us.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Check out, join, and contribute to our Facebook Page. Help get more people to the Forum. NEW TROPISCAPE FACEBOOK GROUP
    Dismiss Notice

Change e-mail address

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by Moose, Jun 15, 2011.

Please Help Support Our Generous Sponsors

1. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Can't find where you change your e-mail address. Same situation on Palm Talk. Tried to re-register, that did not work. :mad:

Oh well, I had a life prior to this forum. :p

2. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Ron, Click on User CP , next click on Edit Email & Password in the Control Panel.

3. Crazy for Crotons

Crazy for Crotons Well-Known Member

After entering your password, do you have to retype your e-mail address or just login and save changes?

4. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Where is the Moose ?​

Attached Files:

5. Dypsisdean

Dypsisdean Administrator Staff Member

The MooseMan is probably lost in the web wilderness. I don't know if he ever got around to getting an email address. If anyone knows if he did and what it is, they should probably get hold of him. If he hasn't cleared his cache, he could be pointed to the old address and just thinks we are having troubles. But without a valid email address he can't re-register or anything. But he should be able to view.

Ray, not sure what you mean. But keep in mind the Wiki and the Forum are two separate items for now. They both require their own logins. The wiki is asking for a one time email verification before allowing you to edit, if that is what you mean. The forum should be as is - or as was.

6. Crazy for Crotons

Crazy for Crotons Well-Known Member

Dean, I wasn't sure what was meant by changing the e-mail address. I logged in and re-entered my information and it appears to have worked. I'm not sure if that's what you wanted or not.

7. Dypsisdean

Ray, still not sure if you are referring to the wiki or the forum. There was no need to "change" your forum email - only assure that it was valid. Having a valid email is necessary for times when you may have lost or forgotten your username or password. It was especially important because of the upgrade.

The wiki was a different story. A new email verification was made necessary to do any posting or editing there. For anyone interested, securing the wiki from spammers and hackers is infinitely more difficult than the forum. And that was the reason.

8. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

I give up. How do I edit my user name? :confused:

9. Phil Stager

Phil Stager Well-Known Member

You don't! Are you trying to confuse us all now by trying to use a different name. We got enough confusion with this crazy plant and its various names, etc.

onward through the fog....

10. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Phil - I'm want to drop the "knuckle". Its past due. I've already made the change on Palm Talk. I'm known simply as 'the Moose" anyways. The Moose ain't going anywhere, God willing. :)

11. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Bueller?

Bueller?

12. Dypsisdean

MooseMan,

You can't change it - I have to. As soon as you acknowledge this, I will do so. But you have to remember you will need to use "Moose" to log in from them on.

13. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

So acknowledged - Moose only to long on.

Thanks Dean!

14. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Bueller ? :confused:

Bueller ? :confused:

15. Dypsisdean

There you go. I was tempted to change it to something more interesting like Moose Face or Moose Breath. :)

16. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Thank you Dean! I'm half the Moose I used to be :rolleyes: