Can't wait for the rains to arrive

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by Moose, May 30, 2015.

Banner funded expressly in recognition and support of Tropiscape.

  1. Moose

    Moose Esteemed Member

    Messages:
    7,947
    Location:
    Coral Gables, FL Zone 10b
    Been hand watering every day. The spider mite problem is somewhat in check now. It was so brutally hot this afternoon with no cloud cover. Picked up palm special (150 lbs.), K-Mag (100 lbs.) and some 120 day time released from Harrell's (150 lbs.) for the crotons. Getting it all down tomorrow - awaiting our rains to return.
     
    waykoolplantz likes this.
  2. Moose

    Moose Esteemed Member

    Messages:
    7,947
    Location:
    Coral Gables, FL Zone 10b
    Come on rain - suppose to get some today :jiggy:
     
  3. ScotTi

    ScotTi Esteemed Member

    Messages:
    4,845
    No lack of rain my way. I recorded 10.61" for the month of May. May is usually a dry month with a avg. of only 2.10".
     
  4. Moose

    Moose Esteemed Member

    Messages:
    7,947
    Location:
    Coral Gables, FL Zone 10b
    Bad forecast - not a drop. Today's forecast looks very promising for afternoon precipitation continuing straight through 'til tomorrow. The 400 lbs. of mineral supplements awaits you. :D
     
  5. palmisland

    palmisland Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    1,258
    Location:
    West Boca Raton 10b
    Nada in Palm Beach!
     
  6. annafl

    annafl Esteemed Member

    Scott, every time I look at the radar, the rains are going to you, Phil and Ray or down to the Glocks in Fort Myers. In the last two days we've had a cumulative of a little over an inch, but that's all in weeks. More inland east Sarasota has had more. It is raining lightly now:), though, and I'm hopeful there may be more, so at least something!
     
  7. Moose

    Moose Esteemed Member

    Messages:
    7,947
    Location:
    Coral Gables, FL Zone 10b
    Ana - I'd gladly accept your inch, nothing hit the ground here BangHead
     
  8. Kingdavid

    Kingdavid Esteemed Member

    Messages:
    1,147
    Location:
    st lucie co
    One little sprinkle 10 days ago ,,,, come on rain
     
  9. Moose

    Moose Esteemed Member

    Messages:
    7,947
    Location:
    Coral Gables, FL Zone 10b
    A bit last night, not enough to get the mulch good and wet. Forecast had it coming down before sunrise, I've yet to see it.
     
  10. Kingdavid

    Kingdavid Esteemed Member

    Messages:
    1,147
    Location:
    st lucie co
    They are fibbing about the rain , not a drop up here....
     
  11. Moose

    Moose Esteemed Member

    Messages:
    7,947
    Location:
    Coral Gables, FL Zone 10b
    I got some but not the quantity promised. Could use a good soaking here.

    Probably be complaining about too much rain in a couple of weeks, LOL :p
     
  12. waykoolplantz

    waykoolplantz Active Member

    Messages:
    144
    Still no rain...have run the sprinklers 3x this week
     
  13. Moose

    Moose Esteemed Member

    Messages:
    7,947
    Location:
    Coral Gables, FL Zone 10b
    A fair amount of rain fell here yesterday of which I am thankful. It was not the good soaking I needed, so hand watering continued this morning. At least the overcast skies and high humidity is helping. Every year at this time I swear I'm going to install an irrigation system in the Fall. Then the rains come, everything gets cranking - and I never get around to it. :(
     
  14. palmisland

    palmisland Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    1,258
    Location:
    West Boca Raton 10b
    STILL nada in South Palm Beach!
     
    Moose likes this.
  15. annafl

    annafl Esteemed Member

    Dry here again already. Thirty to 40% chance every day of this week is in the forecast, but it was 60% yesterday and like Randy said, 'nada'.
     
  16. Moose

    Moose Esteemed Member

    Messages:
    7,947
    Location:
    Coral Gables, FL Zone 10b
    Where the Coyotes are lurking ? :eek:
     
  17. ScotTi

    ScotTi Esteemed Member

    Messages:
    4,845
    Anna, I would be happy to share some of these rains. My yard has become a swamp in the last few weeks and I am not getting much done outdoors. Here we go again as I post. I am right at the 589 on the map. a_xm0.jpg
     
  18. annafl

    annafl Esteemed Member

    Hahahaha, Scott, the rains just passed us up again! I'm not sure which situation is worse. Hopefully, we can even things out a bit this month, get you some drier weather and get some rains for us. Weather is always challenging for gardeners, isn't it?
     
  19. waykoolplantz

    waykoolplantz Active Member

    Messages:
    144
    10 min of rain...about enough to get the broms in the trees
     
  20. Moose

    Moose Esteemed Member

    Messages:
    7,947
    Location:
    Coral Gables, FL Zone 10b
    Dark ominous clouds all to the west - 15 mph wind out of the east - no rain for me unless something develops over the coastal waters and blows this way. :(

    Was dragging the hose around early again :confused:
     
  21. ScotTi

    ScotTi Esteemed Member

    Messages:
    4,845
    Yesterday was a washout around these parts. Some areas of Tampa received over 7" of rain in a few hours. I was a little luckier and received 4". Only a few light :) sprinkles today. Here is what Tampa looked like yesterday... 8030912_G.jpg 8030911_G.jpg 8030093_G.jpg
     
  22. Phil Stager

    Phil Stager Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    1,644
    Location:
    Sunny St. Pete, FL
    but over here in the S. Pinellas desert, hardly a drop....
     
    junglegal likes this.
  23. annafl

    annafl Esteemed Member

    I've been thrilled to have one cumulative inch over three rains in the last week. Before that we were extremely dry. Scott, I hope your garden hasn't suffered too much. How is your drainage situation? Do you have a lot of puddles?
     
  24. palmisland

    palmisland Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    1,258
    Location:
    West Boca Raton 10b
    Amazing Scott...........1" in Boca in the past week, like Ana.
     
  25. junglegal

    junglegal Esteemed Member

    Messages:
    3,135
    Location:
    St. Pete FL
    I'm with Phil. I think I bought a home in the desert. With no canopy yet, I am rough shape with this new garden.
     
  26. palmisland

    palmisland Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    1,258
    Location:
    West Boca Raton 10b
    Uggggh...........Accuweather now shows NO rain through July 4th!
     
  27. Bullwinkle

    Bullwinkle Esteemed Member

    Messages:
    1,460
    Location:
    DAVIE FL
    It certainly looks dry for the next 7 days or so,remarkable June so far only trace rain for the first 15 days
     
  28. ScotTi

    ScotTi Esteemed Member

    Messages:
    4,845
    Anna, My yard drains to the lake pretty fast, just stays swampy in spots. The last 3 days have been hot and no rain, but guess who just got hit again with another 1.5 "? b_xm0.jpg
     
  29. ScotTi

    ScotTi Esteemed Member

    Messages:
    4,845
    Looks like the rain machine dried up in my house. The last rain here was on the 15th, just a few light sprinkles that measure nothing.
     

Share This Page