1. Please enjoy this new off-topic forum. It is open to everyone. Common sense will prevail as to what can be discussed. If any discussion becomes too controversial or offensive to some, it will be moved to the private "Talk Story" forum.

If you wish to read the more provocative topics in the private forum, please click on the "Contact Us" link in the lower right corner of any page and request admission.

(You may dismiss this notice permanently by clicking on the small "X" - upper right)
    Dismiss Notice

California winter is over. Still cold.

Discussion in 'INTERESTING, INSIGHTFUL, PROVOCATIVE, EDUCATIONAL' started by Stan, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

That's the bay area and most of low elevation California for you. Frost and freeze season usually ends after the first week of January..this year early because El Nino is pumping moisture from lower latitudes for the next week or more. When that ends? Its too late in the year for Arctic events. Days are just long enough.
    Its very different from the east coast USA.
    The other oddity is we wont see much warmth in the days until mid February. I wouldn't call this a spring or summer or even winter. There is a need for a term to describe what this is.

2. Dypsisdean

Dypsisdean Administrator Staff Member

You are caught in that transitional territory of the seasons known as the ...................................ta ta ta.................................. the Twilight Zone.

Sorry, I was watching the Twilight Zone marathon over New Years. :)

3. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Me too!

4. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Or,as Rod would say "Californians cannot calibrate winters like other clocks. Time runs by another standard"...then add punch line.

5. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

He used that line about "calibration" a couple of times in the episodes I saw.