1. Please enjoy this new off-topic forum. It is open to everyone. Common sense will prevail as to what can be discussed. If any discussion becomes too controversial or offensive to some, it will be moved to the private "Talk Story" forum.

If you wish to read the more provocative topics in the private forum, please click on the "Contact Us" link in the lower right corner of any page and request admission.

(You may dismiss this notice permanently by clicking on the small "X" - upper right)
    Dismiss Notice

California to be a tropical climate within 50 years.

Discussion in 'INTERESTING, INSIGHTFUL, PROVOCATIVE, EDUCATIONAL' started by Stan, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

For soucal. For the bay area it will much like Los Angeles is today. Droughts will last much longer.Heard it on last nights news. I didnt hear who put the study out. Google should have it.
    Start building those desalination plants..and then no worries. Right now? worries.

2. amazondk

amazondk Well-Known Member

The next ice age may be here first.

dk

3. Dypsisdean

Dypsisdean Administrator Staff Member

And don't forget, parts of the Sahara desert is technically tropical.

4. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

It looks like the experts were in a way wrong- the most tropical new area is the low deserts,not coastal soucal. You just know the palm board is going to get a ton of desert gardeners posting they planted one or more in the next few months.
    I would!
    A few coconuts would be worth a grey water system just to them. No matter how much drought- they would get something. People have to shower.

5. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Amazingly we had a good drenching from a tropical storm last night until noon today. In the 70's and muggy. This has been the wettest drought ever.
    To think I almost watered yesterday because all the weathermedia said "Only clouds with sun".