1. NEW BROMELIAD FORUM
    Guest - Don't miss our new forum. Perhaps you have something to add or share with us.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Check out, join, and contribute to our Facebook Page. Help get more people to the Forum. NEW TROPISCAPE FACEBOOK GROUP
    Dismiss Notice

Brahea berlandieri

Discussion in 'WIKI ARTICLE DISCUSSIONS' started by bepah, May 31, 2009.

1. bepah

bepah Active Member

Discussion thread for Brahea berlandieri. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

2. bepah

bepah Active Member

I picked up a strap leafed berlandieri at the NorCal meeting last week, grown from seed by Patric Shafer....looking forward to watching it grow.

Repotted it into a 3 gallon pot from its liner.

3. Dypsisdean

Dypsisdean Administrator Staff Member

I don't know that one. I plugged that name in the Kew list, and it didn't register. Is this a valid name?

4. bepah

bepah Active Member

5. bepah

bepah Active Member

It appears that this name is a synonym of Brahea dulcis......whatever that means. With at least 3 varities, there appears that someday there may be some movement here. I'll continue with berlandieri until it is big enough to deal with.....besides, I like the name Silver Rock Palm!:D

6. palmnerd

palmnerd Well-Known Member

Looking at the Kew list, berlandieri has been dissolved into armata. The name, as it was applied for the photo by me came from the Fairchild collection. They are good with keeping current but they have a bit of synonymy as well. I will note this in the page for berlandieri.

7. bepah

bepah Active Member

I was looking at the Kew list that is connected to Palmpedia. All I saw was the synonym to B. dulcis...what am I missing?

8. palmnerd

9. bepah

bepah Active Member

10. palmnerd

John, You're right it is under dulcis. I was using the check list wrong as it displays the whole genus. I, in my dyslexic wonder read the list as having a different order other than alphebetical (duh). If I was more left brain dominant, I might get these things a little easier. Sorry for the confusion.

11. bepah

bepah Active Member

Thanks!

I thought I was missing something (I'm left handed as well....)