Bob Marley

Native son

Esteemed Member
16/11/12
10a
My Picture of the plant in question. I do not know the plant of Phil's that is posted as Bob Marley
image.jpg
. I had to edit this part didn't get posted. The photo Id. Page has a picture of a plant that Phil purchased it is not my Bob Marley. Help me if you can Thank You.

Bob Marley ? eh? I've had Coral Shower for many years and at the last meeting purchased from Jose an interrupted plant, similar to or identical to the one above, that had a name tag on it identifying it as "Tears of Joy". I normally do not associate Bob Marley with crotons, however.

Oh dear, that's why I like plants to be posted before they go in the wiki, to make sure that people have a chance to correct id's. I did not enter this one, so I don't know the circumstances. What should we do? Anyone else have an opinion? Phil, could it just be similar to Coral Showers? I want the wiki to be an accurate source. Phil, what is your plant (if that's true), that was entered under the name Bob Marley in the wiki? I need to put that in the correct place. Are you saying yours is Bob Marley? It is a lovely plant too. I need opinions, people!

What is posted in thee Croton Encyclopedia as Bob Marley - 1. is a totally different plant than the interrupted one pictured above. 2. Someone else was the lucky winner of the Bob Marley pictured in the Croton Encyclopedia, not me. Although attributed to me, whoever posted the BM spelled my name wrong.
onward through the fog....

Phil, I didn't enter that plant nor have I seen those photos before. Do you know what that plant is so that I can enter it correctly? It is not yours? If it's not, I will keep it on my desktop for a while just in case someone claims it. You're pretty sure Lamar's plant is Coral Showers? Does anyone else have an opinion please? I'd like the wiki to be accurate. Lamar's plant is really cool. If it's Coral Showers I'd like to enter it as such, if it's Bob Marley, I'd like to enter it as that as well. I pride myself on only entering correct information and I depend on you all to help me by letting me know when something isn't right so I can correct it. I hope some of you will help me in figuring this out.:confused:

Anna I grew my plant from seed 6/7 years ago and starting sharing it about four years ago. When you started working and revamping the Wiki I took that opportunity to put my plant in the wiki. At that time no other plant had been sold or listed as Bob M. so I was hoping you might be able clean this up for me. I have no idea what the other plant is or where it came from. Tks.

Hi Lamar,

If you say you grew this from seed and have shared it, I believe you. I am used to deferring to Phil and other croton experts on id's, because they've been at this a lot longer than I have, so that's why I asked him. I will put your plant in as soon as I'm able. It is a very cool plant that many would love to have. Now, I hope you believe me also. Look at the bottom of the wiki page, below the photos, where it says this page has been accessed 1,648 times. Below that it names the person that last modified the page. If you will notice, it says junglegal. I go by annafl or anna. Phil's name is spelled differently- twice. If you notice any other of Phil's plants I've entered, I've credited them to Phil Stager, not Staeger. Also, when I go into the editing page that I can see but you can't, the syntax is done in a different order and slightly differently than I do it. It was not me. I had no knowledge of this plant, but now I won't forget it! I always get photos from the forum so forum members have time to comment on id's before I put them in the wiki. I am not knowledgeable enough about crotons to do otherwise. You must have asked Bren to enter it for you. The other plant is beautiful, but will remain a mystery unless someone can identify it. I have put it on my desktop temporarily to see if anyone can identify it and will remove it from the page when I enter yours. When I enter your plant, it will say annafl or anna modified it, at the bottom of the page.

Please understand I meant no disrespect in calling this to your attention. I was hoping to get your expertise in solving the problem with the post. I have the greatest respect for you and the work you have done in growing this wonderful asset in such great order.