Arthur Brisbane ?

Moose

Esteemed Member
10/09/09
Bekow is what is in the Wiki for Arthur Brisbane. There is no photo. I actually work with Mike Fascell's great niece. She actually lived at his nursery when her family moved down from Buffalo, NY. Unfortunately, she is not much of a plant person.

Is anyone growing this old cultivar? Could someone provide a photo? Could this be another old named cultivar that passes on into the sunset ? :confused:

Wiki description: Fascell introduction. Medium long dark green leaf, red veins, suffused pink.

REF: Reasoner's Tropical Nurseries inc, croton listing. Group III, Fancy Sorts, p.4.

Bekow is what is in the Wiki for Arthur Brisbane. There is no photo. I actually work with Mike Fascell's great niece. She actually lived at his nursery when her family moved down from Buffalo, NY. Unfortunately, she is not much of a plant person.

Is anyone growing this old cultivar? Could someone provide a photo? Could this be another old named cultivar that passes on into the sunset ? :confused:

Wiki description: Fascell introduction. Medium long dark green leaf, red veins, suffused pink.

REF: Reasoner's Tropical Nurseries inc, croton listing. Group III, Fancy Sorts, p.4.

I have a Mike Facell. I'll take a pic tomorrow.

This is supposed to be a Mike Fascell. It's still mostly out of color, with the new growth. It's in a pretty shaded spot so some pics with & without flash:cool: DSC_0027.jpgDSC_0028.jpgDSC_0029.jpgDSC_0030.jpg

Spoke to Mike Fascell's decendant that I work with today. Asked if any of the relatives kept any of his plants. Said that there was some apartments that the family developed, used plants from the nursery that was being sold (as land, not for the nursery). Asked her if the name Arthur Brisbane struck a bell. She said no, then called her Dad (Mike Fascell's nephew), but he did not recall the name. She is getting me the phone number for a cousin who lives in Daytona. She said if any family member would know it would be him. Her Dad is now looking for Mike Fascell's old nursery brochure he's got stashed some where.

Onward through the Fog LOL :D