Anyone still have air layers on their plants?

I actually removed 27 approx. 2 weeks ago. But to answer your question, I think I'm down to less than 10. I can see a big difference between putting them on in April and May, compared to August and September. Much faster in the spring.

Still one or two late season ones. Since I've been trimming palms I've got about two bags full of broken croton branches rooting. FWIW, I've also left air layers on over winter (lost them or forgot about them) and they grow quite well the next spring when re-discovered, cut off, and potted up.

Phil,

You just reminded me on something. While putting a bunch of air layers on back in the summer at a friend's house, I found 3 that were put on the previous summer. The plant ( air layer) was approx. 3-4' tall, and when I looked under the old aluminum foil, I noticed the moss was not only bone dry, but full of roots. I removed them and potted them up when I got back to the nursery, but instead of putting them out in the shadehouse like I normally would, I placed them in the mist house to help with any shock and loss of leaf transpiration. They never missed a beat and all rooted out like any of the others. A tough plant here.......

I have about 50 or 60, took some off today, will plant some tomorrow.