Anyone else?

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by ScotTi, Jan 26, 2013.

Banner funded expressly in recognition and support of Tropiscape.

1. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Having a hard time uploading photos here? The Basic Uploader has not worked for me for some time now. I just switched and used the Select Files now that is getting harder to load photos here. Photo size 2.00-2.40 MB.

2. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Scott - I resize my photos to 1024 X 768 pixels and don't have problems. If I try to do large pixels counts, it takes forever and gets resized automatically, usually much smaller than the 1024 X 768 size.

3. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Ron, I hate resizing! I liked when it was resizing for me. I tried a few pics last nite and gave up. I waited 10 min. for a resize and nothing happened. I even tried pics that I had posted before and it would not resize them.

4. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Scott - I used to post using a dial up internet connection. The large pixel photos took a month of Sundays to get auto re-sized. Got into the habit of re-sizing before posting. I don't know what to tell you other than you may need to PM Dean. :confused:

5. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

I guess I have posted my last photos here. I have spent to much time trying to upload nothing seems to work even resizing. :mad:

6. Phil Stager

Phil Stager Well-Known Member

This is a test. Four pics; average size of each pics was 420kb.
    First is an aglanomea from Bullwinkle last year; other three look like Voncilla Barley

Attached Files:

7. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Thanks Phil! Problem must be on my end. I have resized and waited 30 min and nothing happens. Posted pics in other sites without a problem. BTW Phil I have wanted to try a few Aglanomea. Are they less cold hardy than a Croton?

8. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Got something to work now!

9. palmisland

palmisland Well-Known Member

Yea, not working for me. I haven't changed any of my settings & I can't upload any photos for a couple of days. Frustrating:mad:

10. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Strange - I have not had any problems? Palm Talk is a different story ...

11. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Must be a hit or miss thing, now I am back to can't add photos.:mad:

12. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

test

Attached Files:

13. palmisland

My recent photos won't load. Maybe my camera's settings changed.

Oak Leaf Superba

Attached Files:

14. Phil Stager

Phil Stager Well-Known Member

Scott - I've found the few aglonomeas about as hardy as a croton but suspect they'd turn to mush at 32F.

15. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

It happened to me two days ago. Now I understand what you guys were talking about. very frustrating!!! :mad: It took multiple attempts re-posting the photos (to match the names) in the Judy's Croton thread . A few times I had to leave Palmpedia and come back because it was looking like it was "locked up". I went to Palm Talk and everything was working well there - so I do not believe it was because of my unit.

Hmmmm - we love photos here and don't need contributors giving up posting. It seems to be affecting multiple forum members now. :(

Dean, Dean, Dean, ... you may have a woodchuck in your wood pile ??? :confused:

16. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Ron, I was adding pictures to my album today and I had to close out and comeback a few times and then it worked. Now that a couple of you are having a problem I know that I am not crazy.

17. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Scott - no one thought you were crazy. Especially both you and Randy, having posted hundreds of photos here on Palmpedia. The "intermitent" situation appears to becoming more common and expanding. Is there something happening to this site's bandwidth .... ? :confused:

That is a question beyond my knowledge -------------- Dean, Dean, Dean ... :rolleyes:

18. palmisland

I just tried to post a photo & nada. Not working again.

19. palmisland

Now it's working. Seems when you re try it works.

Attached Files:

20. palmisland

Nope, not working again. I'll try in a few days:mad:

21. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

test

Attached Files:

22. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Yep, after trying a few times it will work. Its just a PITA.

23. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

FYI I shot Dean a PM on the subject.

24. Dypsisdean

Dypsisdean Administrator Staff Member

Sorry guys - my first reading of this thread.

I seem to remember something about problems as related to images with "weird" pixel sizes. Can you guys with problems please tell me what are the file and pixel sizes of the photos that you seem to be having troubles with. And if you resize, and are still having problems, how are you resizing them? Are you only reducing file size? Or are you also reducing pixel size? The on-the-fly photo processing software has had a problem with some unorthodox pixel sizes in the past. So I believe if you resize to a "common" pixel size, it should work.

But of course, something else could be happening. So I will await some further info before I take more drastic diagnostics.

25. palmisland

Dean, When i try to upload a photo I click on "manage attachments" which brings up the "file upload manager" sub screen & it is blank. When I refresh the reply page & try to upload a photo it works normally.

26. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

I do not see the problem in the uploading size of the picture. When I click on the "select files" all is fine and dandy and picture is selected and shows to be attached. I can only select one picture and the "upload file" never pops on screen to upload the picture. I have to exit and come back a few times and it works great. Now the "basic uploader" never!

27. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

I posted a bunch of photos early this morning with no problems. Now its doing it again, not allowing photos to be posted. I'll try logging out and reentering again to see if the program will allow me to post photos ??? :mad:

28. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Nope - that didn't work :mad:

29. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

I had to log off the internet to get it to reset and allow the posting of my photos :mad:

Mongo is not a happy camper :(

30. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Ron, Just exit the Manage Attachments a few times and it will work. Do not log out.

Attached Files:

31. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

I give up! Nothing is working much tonight.

32. Native son

Native son Well-Known Member

Man Scott that is one great picture. Big mature plants and moss at no extra charge. What is the plant with dark red mid vein? I think I have that one in a few places. It shows lots of different personalities but always keeps that red.

33. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Thanks, The Croton is one of my NOID's from a couple of years ago.

34. Dypsisdean

Two Questions for you guys with problems.

1) What browsers are you using, and have you tried another?

2) Are you sure you have the latest version of Flash.

Having said that - there is a ton of problems with Flash lately - with upgrades coming once every few weeks. It is possible my software needs to be upgraded to the latest version because of this. And that is going to be a major ordeal. But first, please provide me with some info regarding the above questions.

35. Dypsisdean

I'm trying to upload three random pics to see if I have a problem.

Attached Files:

36. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Dean, I ran a tune up and everything looks to be working great for me the last few days.

Attached Files:

37. Dypsisdean

I went ahead an changed a setting so that the "Advanced" reply screen comes up automatically instead of having to click Advanced to then be able to upload pics. I had a "hiccup" when testing, so this may help what I experienced. And it also may make it easier for newbies to find their way to the pic uploading system.

Anyway Scott, glad your issue seems to be resolved.

BTW - Nice flower. :)

38. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Its doing it again to me (several times) today :mad

39. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Have not posted for a few weeks and came back today and wanted to post pictures. But that is not going to happen. I am logged in, but it says I am not. Close, refresh same bull. Got this Message " undefined you do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again." :mad:

40. Native son

Native son Well-Known Member

Come on Scott, keep at it your pic's are to good. I saw on the palm post how to make jewelry and order Italian boots you can surely help me get past that?