Any Ideas?

Croton Guru

Banned
15/12/10
Another trailerpark Plant in Dania.

trailer park 1.jpg

Dave,

That looks very close to Della McGee, maybe an Earls Court. It's extreamly nice, I take it, it's an older picture, not recent, I ask because of all our cold weather and this seems to look very healthy.

Dave,

That looks very close to Della McGee, maybe an Earls Court. It's extreamly nice, I take it, it's an older picture, not recent, I ask because of all our cold weather and this seems to look very healthy.

I gave you a bunch of cuttings off this plant, Just cant remember if a name went with it.

Caribbean Star would be my first guess. Lots of this one here locally and doing well even after the disaster that was 2010.

It also looks like that Coppinger hybrid that's around but has no name. Bob identifed it in my garden two years ago. Tim Anderson has a lot of it growing at the Palm Hammock Garden in south Miami.

Marie also has this in her garden.

the only difference I see between carribean star and what was posted in the first pic if the red and orange, pattern is identical.

I have seen my Caribean star get both colors in it depending on time of year.

Also looks a lot like one I have (not in good color now). I recall Dr. Brown and John Bender trying to ID it; after a short discussion they agreed to disagreeon a name but agreed that it was a nice croton.....