Any Clue???

palmisland

28/03/08
I don't remember where I got this from, but I don't think it's Bravo, or is it? I haven't seen Bravo with any white, but I could be wrong. The leaves aren't particularly large, but it has great color. Any guesses? Don't be shy!:D

Attachments

• DSC_0044.jpg
    DSC_0044.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC_0045.jpg
    DSC_0045.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 103
You're right, it's not Bravo. I've never seen one that looks like it, so I'd split the 2 plants apart and plant them in different conditions to see what happens. Put one in morning sun and one in late afternoon sun, mostly shade.

You're right, it's not Bravo. I've never seen one that looks like it, so I'd split the 2 plants apart and plant them in different conditions to see what happens. Put one in morning sun and one in late afternoon sun, mostly shade.

Rick, This is the same as the cutting I gave you. Geez, I wish I remember where it came from. :confused: I've had them over a year.

Randy.
I came across a croton today that I got from David McLean a few years ago. He called it King's Ransom at the time. It was later said to be a Magnificent but one that's different from the tissue culture liners that come up from South America. Anyway, my plant has lots of white too.
Marie

Here's a 15 year old Bravo that shows white on leaves that are protected from direct sunlight. It stays small since it gets whomped regularly by Royal Palm fronds. Pics taken tonight with flash.

Attachments

• DSCN3159.jpg
    DSCN3159.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCN3160.jpg
    DSCN3160.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCN3158.jpg
    DSCN3158.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 66
Here are a few pics from this morning. :D The first set of pics had the color a little off due to my camera's settings. It's in the ground now, what do you think. It's looking less & less like Bravo.

Randy

Attachments

• DSC_0080.jpg
    DSC_0080.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC_0081.jpg
    DSC_0081.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC_0082.jpg
    DSC_0082.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 69
DSC_0268.jpgDSC_0267.jpgDSC_0266.jpg

Randy, to me this plant is similar to the one you pictured. It came from Palm Hammock without ID. I have a bravo and this looks similar in some ways, but very different overall to my untrained eye. At its best, the coloring is very striking with white and hot pink blotchy markings. Last time I asked the consensus was that it is Bravo. Have you figured out what your plant is? Do you think mine is the same?:confused:

The many faces of Bravo, you have to love this one it grows very well and produces seed like an alley cat.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 48
View attachment 19517View attachment 19516View attachment 19515

Randy, to me this plant is similar to the one you pictured. It came from Palm Hammock without ID. I have a bravo and this looks similar in some ways, but very different overall to my untrained eye. At its best, the coloring is very striking with white and hot pink blotchy markings. Last time I asked the consensus was that it is Bravo. Have you figured out what your plant is? Do you think mine is the same?:confused:

Ana, mine turned out to be Bravo. It has similar coloring, but changes with the lighting. It holds more of the pinks & whites in the shade. Yesterday it went back in a pot to make room for something more interesting. I already have a Bravo in more sun, so this one will be moved to more shady spot. Your's does look the same:cool:

Aw shucks. It looks so pretty to me. Figures. My Magnificents, Mrs. Icetons and Petras look beautiful to me too, and are:D. I was just hoping for something more exotic, or rare. Thanks for the ID's Lamar and Randy. I wish I was better at ID's, I am going to keep trying.:eek: Ana