1. NEW BROMELIAD FORUM
    Guest - Don't miss our new forum. Perhaps you have something to add or share with us.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Check out, join, and contribute to our Facebook Page. Help get more people to the Forum. NEW TROPISCAPE FACEBOOK GROUP
    Dismiss Notice

Any Clue???

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by palmisland, Apr 12, 2011.

Please Help Support Our Generous Sponsors

1. palmisland

palmisland Well-Known Member

I don't remember where I got this from, but I don't think it's Bravo, or is it? I haven't seen Bravo with any white, but I could be wrong. The leaves aren't particularly large, but it has great color. Any guesses? Don't be shy!:D

Attached Files:

2. Crotonologist

Crotonologist Active Member

I'm clueless...

3. fawnridge

fawnridge Well-Known Member

You're right, it's not Bravo. I've never seen one that looks like it, so I'd split the 2 plants apart and plant them in different conditions to see what happens. Put one in morning sun and one in late afternoon sun, mostly shade.

4. palmisland

Rick, This is the same as the cutting I gave you. Geez, I wish I remember where it came from. :confused: I've had them over a year.

5. Crazy for Crotons

Crazy for Crotons Well-Known Member

I'd call it Bravo-Plus.

6. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

I say you need to crank that one up the some water soluble liquid love. ;)

7. Marie Nock

Marie Nock Well-Known Member

Randy.
    I came across a croton today that I got from David McLean a few years ago. He called it King's Ransom at the time. It was later said to be a Magnificent but one that's different from the tissue culture liners that come up from South America. Anyway, my plant has lots of white too.
    Marie

8. Phil Stager

Phil Stager Well-Known Member

Here's a 15 year old Bravo that shows white on leaves that are protected from direct sunlight. It stays small since it gets whomped regularly by Royal Palm fronds. Pics taken tonight with flash.

Attached Files:

9. palmisland

Here are a few pics from this morning. :D The first set of pics had the color a little off due to my camera's settings. It's in the ground now, what do you think. It's looking less & less like Bravo.

Randy

Attached Files:

10. annafl

annafl Esteemed Member

DSC_0268.jpg DSC_0267.jpg DSC_0266.jpg

Randy, to me this plant is similar to the one you pictured. It came from Palm Hammock without ID. I have a bravo and this looks similar in some ways, but very different overall to my untrained eye. At its best, the coloring is very striking with white and hot pink blotchy markings. Last time I asked the consensus was that it is Bravo. Have you figured out what your plant is? Do you think mine is the same?:confused:

11. Native son

Native son Well-Known Member

The many faces of Bravo, you have to love this one it grows very well and produces seed like an alley cat.

Attached Files:

12. palmisland

Ana, mine turned out to be Bravo. It has similar coloring, but changes with the lighting. It holds more of the pinks & whites in the shade. Yesterday it went back in a pot to make room for something more interesting. I already have a Bravo in more sun, so this one will be moved to more shady spot. Your's does look the same:cool:

13. annafl

annafl Esteemed Member

Aw shucks. It looks so pretty to me. Figures. My Magnificents, Mrs. Icetons and Petras look beautiful to me too, and are:D. I was just hoping for something more exotic, or rare. Thanks for the ID's Lamar and Randy. I wish I was better at ID's, I am going to keep trying.:eek: Ana