Any Backround Info???

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by palmisland, Oct 17, 2011.

Banner funded expressly in recognition and support of Tropiscape.

1. palmisland

palmisland Well-Known Member

Hi all, I picked this one up at Jeff's sale. It's called "One In the Head". Anyone have backround information on this one? Where did the name come from? It looks a lot like Angel Wing to me. Maybe a new hybrid?

-Randy

Attached Files:

2. Jeff Searle

Jeff Searle Well-Known Member

Randy,

It's a seedling that's about 3 years old and was named by me. But no, it's not an Angel Wing. I'll explain later how I came up w/ the name.

3. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Randy - the end of the leaf is elongated and extended way more than an Angel Wing would be. I don't believe that Jeff has offered this cultivar at his sale before. It also may have been the one and only of this cultivar available. Great score !!! :cool:

4. keith

keith Active Member

That could be a twin for that Coppinger hybrid

5. pocomo

pocomo Active Member

Got this one from Tim Anderson. I think it's his seedling. Ya never know.

Attached Files:

6. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Randy's plant looks like it has a wider area beneath the lobes and the base below the lobes is much more extended/elongated in my opinion. Chris - I actually was thinking about your Tim Anderson cultivar when first viewed this thread because of the unusual extended leaf tip.

7. Marie Nock

Marie Nock Well-Known Member

Chris,
    Tim calls his plant Mr. Little because that's who gave it to him. When Keith told me it was a Coppinger hybrid, I started calling it that.
    Marie

8. pocomo

pocomo Active Member

Marie...So you're saying that the plant I have is a Coppinger hybrid. Mr Little. I wonder what Henry called it. That's cool if it is. I really don't have enough of those. Chris