Another unknown

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by annafl, Sep 7, 2014.

Banner funded expressly in recognition and support of Tropiscape.

1. annafl

annafl Esteemed Member

Here is another unknown I have that I really like. It gives nice color year-round and takes lots of sun. I got it from Keith maybe a year or a year and a half ago and this year it grew nicely. It's had mostly the yellows and greens of new growth, but now you can see it's getting some pinks. It will get a darker pink to orange-pink later on. This plant is the one I thought resembled Phil's Cranberry. Phil, if you can, could you post a photo to compare? David also has a similar one that he just made cuttings of. David, if you can, can you post yours? They're probably all different, but who knows?

Attached Files:

Moose likes this.
  2. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Hmmmm, no help here other than: It sure looks purdy :SmileyPetals

3. Phil Stager

Phil Stager Well-Known Member

Here's a few older pics of Cranberry DSCN2972.JPG DSCN2974.JPG

Kingdavid and Moose like this.
  4. Phil Stager

Phil Stager Well-Known Member

..and some random 'pinks' Polychrome, Baron Rothchild, Lucille Alonzo

Attached Files:

Moose likes this.
  5. annafl

annafl Esteemed Member

Thanks, Phil. I kinda see a resemblance, but my plant is so much younger/smaller, it's difficult to extrapolate. Also, mine is behind on its pinks. I think in a couple of months it will be a more deep rose/orangy- pink like yours. I think only time will tell whether it could be the same. Does anyone else have a Cranberry from a long time ago when it was distributed?

Phil, love the pinks in your yard. Gotta love that Lucille Alonzo. I got a small one at the last Searle extravaganza and it's growing nicely, but nothing like yours yet. It's also behind on the pinks.

6. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

These beauties would have looked good in Ana's Pink thread. Muted Muted